Chapter 32

~Mae's POV~

I randomly woke up this morning and my eyelids kind of felt really heavy. I opened my eyes a little bit and the first thing I saw is Matt's face, smiling wide. He was stroking some piece of my hair away from my face to behind my ears. I moved closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder while my hand rested on his chest. He was surprised at first but he recovered quickly by wrapping both of his arms around me. I felt his head move and a soft lip suddenly appeared on my forehead.

"Good morning baby," I heard him say in his morning voice.

"Good morning," I mumbled.

"Ready to make our bucket list?" he asked, loosening his grip on me a bit.

"Let's stay here for a while," I suggested, looking up to him but he was already looking down to me. "We can cuddle."

"Absolutely," he agreed, smiling. "No, wait. I'll be right back."

He stood up from the bed and went out of the room. I grabbed my phone below my pillow and my notification was load of Twitter and Instagram notification. I ignored all of them and enter Twitter. My timeline was full of hates and some random ones. I kept scrolling through my timeline then I noticed Matt's post an hour ago. I stopped and pressed the photos that were attached to it. It says:

Why do you guys hate Mae? She didn't cheat on Adrian. Adrian broke up with Mae. After the day they broke up, all she told me was she's not feeling great that day. She didn't tell me about that breakup she had with Adrian. And so after school, I visited her and she was really heartbroken because of that breakup. She was watching sad movies while she ate pudding and ice cream all day when I came in. And the only thing I could do for her is comfort her. I asked her if she could tell me what happen but she was broken into pieces to even think and talk about it. So when she stopped crying, she fell asleep. We fell asleep for 2 hours. Then I overheard her parents that Adrian broke up with her. I was mad that a guy like Adrian would break up with the beautiful girl on Earth. I mean, why would he do that? Mae got every great personality that a guy wanted for a girl. Any guy would be lucky to have her in their life and because of him; Adrian is not a part of Mae's life anymore.

When Mae woke up, I begged her to tell me what happened. She told me everything and I felt really bad and she continued crying. I told her that she deserves better than Adrian, that I think his stupid enough to break up with the perfect girl in the entire world.

Mae and I didn't kissed the day I found out that they broke up. And yes, she moved on fast, but there's nothing you could really do about it. She has someone to comfort her. It's her feelings. It's her decision to either move on or be miserable. It's her life. And yeah we kissed but that kissed is after a few days of their break up so basically she didn't cheat on Adrian.

Why can't you just mind and fix your own life rather than minding her life? I bet you have something else really interesting to do with your life rather than hating on Mae either.

A huge smile performed on my face as I read his photos. I retweeted his post and scrolled down to the comments. Some were sorry that they began hating me and Matt before they knew the real story and some were mad that Adrian broke up with me.

My bedroom door flew open to reveal Matt on the other side with a plastic tray in his hands. I sat myself up and Matt sat down beside me. He placed the tray with a plate full of pancakes and waffles, two glasses of orange juice, and a vase with the two roses that he gave me yesterday.

"You didn't have to," I said to Matt, turning my head to look at him.

"It's the least I could do," he replied, wrapping his warm long arm around me.