Chapter VIII

Chloe's POV

Ever since our first date, things between Beca and I have gone really well. The following day, we went out and spent the day together and we spent the next day together as well. Work has been a lot more enjoyable, too. Beca and I sneak each other winks and smiles and it's funny because nobody knows that we're dating. We decided to keep things on the down low for a little while just so we can get used to each other because as soon as word gets out that Beca Mitchell is dating someone and more so, her assistant, it's going to be everywhere and I'm not ready for that kind of attention. I'm not sure if I ever will be but I don't want to worry about that right now because today Beca is going to meet my parents. We've been together for just over a month and I decided that it was time she met my family. I'm excited but Beca's a little nervous and it's so cute! She hates being called cute but she really is sometimes.

"You'll be fine, babe," I say to Beca as we approach my parent's house.

"What if they hate me?"

"Beca, relax. My parents don't hate people. They always look for the good. My dad can be a bit funny when it comes to people I date so don't take what he says personally. He's just looking out for me as dad's do. My mom is great - you'll love her and I know she'll love you, too."

"What do you mean by funny?"

"Don't worry about it," I chuckle. "Just relax, be yourself, and everything will be fine." We reach the front door and I ring the doorbell and I don't have to wait long until my mom answers the door.

"There she is! My baby girl!" Mom opens up her arms and hugs me.

"Hi, mom!"

"Oh, I've missed you!"

"I've missed you, too!"

We hug a little longer before we break away and mom turns to Beca.

"Beca Mitchell," she says with a smile.

"Hello, Mrs Beale," she waves with an awkward smile.

"She's pretty isn't she?" Mom tells me.

"She sure is," I agree and it makes Beca flush.

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs Beale."

"Oh, please, call me Cinda. Now give me a hug."

Mom pulls Beca into her arms and it's so funny to see Beca awkwardly put her arms around her. Beca's not one for physical contact unless it's me so this is very amusing.

"Come on in. Dad's just finishing dinner." Mom pulls away from Beca and leads us inside. "John! Chloe's here!"

Beca and I walk into the main room and see dad in the kitchen putting the final touches on dinner, which smells amazing. I've missed my parents cooking. My dad used to be a chef and he hasn't lost his passion.

"There's my Chlobear," Dad smiles at me and gives me a hug.

"Hi, dad."

"How's my girl?"

"She's good." I finish my hug then encourage Beca to come over and I take her hand for comfort when she does. "Dad, this is Beca - my girlfriend."

Dad looks at Beca up and down and I can tell Beca's uncomfortable when he does it.

"So, you're the woman who's dating my daughter?"

"Yes," she nods.

"Hm," Dad scans Beca once more before returning to cooking.

"So that's what you meant by funny," Beca whispers.

"Don't worry about it." I kiss her cheek then walk us over to the table and sit while mom and dad put the food in front of us.