Chapter VII

Chloe's POV

I still can't believe that Beca Mitchell has asked me out on a date. As soon as I got home I called Aubrey and told her everything. She was shocked just as much as I was! I feel like I'm in a dream. Beca Mitchell has asked me out on a date. A date! This is so surreal but it's happening. It's Saturday and she's due to pick me up any minute now. She texted me late last night telling me to wear something nice since we're going to a nice restaurant in the city. I don't know which restaurant we're going to but knowing Beca, it's probably going to be somewhere high-end. So I decide to wear a green sequence dress with tan heels. It's one of my favourite dresses and the most expensive. I style my hair into a low bun with wavy tendrils resting on the sides on my face. I apply mascara, lipstick, and foundation to my face so it enhances my features. I look good and I feel good. I just hope it's good enough for where we're going.

Thankfully, I don't have to wait too long for Beca to text me saying that she's out the front of my apartment. I'm trembling from head to toe when I walk out of my apartment and head downstairs. I'm so nervous and I have been nervous ever since yesterday. I can't wait to see what she looks like. She looks good in anything but since this is a date, I don't think she'll be wearing her everyday clothes. I reach the lobby then head outside where I see Beca standing in front of a black Corvette and holy shit does she look good. She's wearing a short leather skirt, a black button-up shirt, tights, gold heels, and a black hat. Her hair is down in perfect waves and she's got on mascara and chocolate eye shadow that matches her hair. She looks absolutely stunning not to mention sexy and hot. My eyes travel along her legs and up to her body and she's got quite a few buttons of her shirt undone so I can see a bit of her bra, which is black.

"Wow," she utters when I walk towards her. "You look... beautiful."

"Oh, thank you," I smile. "You look amazing."

"Thank you. Are you ready to go?"

"Yes," I nod.

"Excellent." She opens the car door for me. "Hop in."

"Thank you." I sit in her car, which smells of leather and expensive perfume.

Beca sits in the driver's seat and starts the engine.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"You're just going to have to wait and see," she smirks and I want nothing more than to kiss that smirk off her lips.

"Fine, have it your way," I tease.

"Just how I like it."

My God... This is going to be harder than I thought it would. Her cockiness drives me crazy in more ways than one. At work, it usually drives me to the point where I just want to slap her but now, I want nothing more than to shut her up with a kiss. Let's hope tonight I'll get the chance to do exactly that...

~

Beca and I arrive at the restaurant and it's absolutely breathtaking. It's a five-star restaurant and I'm so glad I wore my best dress. As soon as we got inside, Beca and I were taken straight to our table without having to wait. We were given the best table, which was in the back away from the rest of the restaurant with a beautiful view of the city.

"This place is amazing, Beca," I say.

"I'm glad you like it."

"It's beautiful." I grab my menu and look at the different meals and I have to hide my shock about how much they are.

That's about a months pay for a three-course meal here.

"Order what you want, Chloe, and I'll pay for it," Beca tells me.