Badnaam - Vilified

Hello to everyone.

Ok so I couldn't stop myself from writing this story. I hope you all will enjoy it. *Fingers crossed*.

AND AND HAPPY RAMADAN!!!❤

****

Prologue

*ہر اک کی طبیعت کے مطابق نہیں ہوں میں*

"Mama, Hammad says that I'm really frumpish and orthodox kind of girl, who doesn't know how to dress up well." Samavia spoke making a pout, which made her mother laugh.

"Sama, you do know that Hammad has spent a huge part of his life in London. He isn't a type of man who hides their women behind veils. He believes in equality of men and women." Javeria Begum explained while moving her fingers gently through her daughter's curly brown hair.

"I know mama. But he's a party freak which I'm not. I'm trying to understand his point, but he always forces me to go with him." Samavia complained yet again.

"It's a good thing that he is keen to have you by his side always. He won't take you as a baby making machine, he knows your worth. He wants you to be with him at every step of his life which will lead you both to a successful life. And about the parties he goes to, are really glamorous, you will get used to it with time." Her mother spoke, but it was a bitter pill to swallow for Samavia.

Samavia blinked in confusion for a few moments before registering what her mother was saying.

"But Papa always used to say that modesty and shyness is a women's jewelry, as it will also guard my virtue. Isn't it true?" Worry suffused in Samavia's tone.

"It's true my love. But, a woman is obliged to do whatever her spouse asks for. Also, modesty and shyness is quite old fashioned. In this era, a woman's real goal is that others should remember how bold and beautiful she is, and everyone should be bewitched by her." Samavia could only look at her mother, thinking why was she speaking in such manner.

Samavia nodded, hoping her thoughts weren't etched clearly on her face, and watched her mother walk away.

It didn't make much of a sense. If her mother was right then why had her father always taught otherwise? She argued with herself.

******

The next day, when Samavia returned from her university, she had a severe headache.

"Mama, I'm home." Comes a loud voice from the patio. Javeria Begum smiled brightly seeing her daughter enter. "Mama I'm feeling so down today. I couldn't even attend the last lecture." Spoke Samavia, sitting on the couch, in the lounge.

"What happened to you, beta?" (My child) Javeria Begum looked worried as she approached her daughter, cupping Samavia's face in her hands.

"Mama don't worry nothing has happened, I'm just tired." Samavia assured her, not wanting her mother to be more worried. Still, her mother strictly ordered her to go in her room and rest.

****

Samavia woke up after some hours, by the sound of Adhaan. She freshened up and came into the lounge after praying when she heard; "Aunty, how is Sama and where is she? I want to meet her right now." Hammad was standing beside her mother.

"Oh look she is here. Ask her yourself, while I'll go to my room." Said Javeria Begum, as she saw Samavia coming towards them.

"Sama Darling, what happened to you? Why don't you take care of yourself? You know we are always so worried about you." Coming near her, Hammad spoke sadly.

She takes some steps away from him to sit on the single sofa. So he wouldn't have any other option, but to sit on another sofa.

Samavia replied in a curt tone; "Please Hammad how many times I have asked you to not call me by such names. And I'm feeling alright now."

"What are you talking about? We are engaged. And soon to be Married!" Reminded Hammad yet again.

Giving her an intent look he continues; "Anyways, I came here to tell you that we have a party to attend tomorrow, at Mr. Iqbal's farmhouse. So dress up nicely."

"Hammad you know I don't like parties. Why do you always ask me to go with you?" She protested. She felt utterly disgusted in those parties.

"C'mon Sama, not again. You have gone with me in last two parties and you were great over there. Everyone is praising you already. That's why Mr. Iqbal has especially invited you, and also offered me to be the shareholder in his company." He tried again, adamant on taking her with him. "And look! I've also get a beautiful Saree for you, my beautiful lady." He continues.

"I don't feel comfortable wearing such clothes." She denied as she saw the flimsy material of the White Saree.

"Sama my baby, don't break his heart again. You had worn a dress of your choice last time, at least wear it now. He brought it with so much love." Spoke her mother as she enters in the room.

"But Mama.. The material is see through!" Samavia tried to defend herself.

"It doesn't matter! What matters is that you'll make me happy. For my sake, wear it please." Javeria begum took a breath of relief, only after seeing her daughter nod dejectedly.

"Okay, I'll wear it, but with a shawl." Added Samavia.

On which Javeria Begum and Hammad shared an unknown look, as they gave her a smile.

********

So, how was it?

Drop loads of comments for an early update. 😎

Don't forget to ⭐.

Till next time.💕