Chapter 17

Mal, Jay, Evie and Carlos glided elegantly through the shocked adults and made their way up to the throne.

"Kneel," Mal commanded. When no one did, she grew angry, slashing the wand down and silently forcing everyone to their knees. She knocked Ben's crown off and let it hit the floor. "Evanescet." She did the same with Adam and Belle's crowns, causing them to disappear as well. She then turned to her girlfriend and best friends, swishing the wand in a complicated motion that somehow came to her. Soon, the four had elegant crowns sitting on their head, as well as thrones that fit their style. Carlos' frame was made of bones, though the seating was comfortable. Jay's was solid gold and the top was shaped as a Cobra's head. Mal's was an ornate throne, a traditional thing. She would sit in that throne and show the people of Auradon that she was now their Queen and they would respect her or else. She did, however, place a metal dragon curled around the back of the throne, its head sticking up above the top and baring it's pointy teeth. Evie's was plush and luxurious, though the frame was made out of the winding roots of an apple tree that grew overhead. Mal looked at the wand, something small but so incredibly powerful and felt an idea grow in her head. No one would be able to take it from her if she were to absorb the magic into herself.

"Facti sunti!" She yelled and heard Fairy Godmother gasp and choke back a sob. The wand glowed gold as the magic crept up Mal's arm and began absorbing into her skin. It burned but Mal didn't care. She was now the most powerful being in Auradon and she would burn them all for making her and her subjects, her fellow Kings and Queen, suffer. After the last of the glittering magic was sucked out of the wand, Mal threw it down. It was now just a useless little toy. An array of burn marks scattered her arms, looking like lightning flashing across her skin. Mal turned to the kneeling crowd, raising her hands above her hands and laughing.

"Why hasn't any Fairy Godmother done that? This feels incredible!" Mal muttered to herself and her friends. She could physically feel the magic running through her veins and it made her feel incredibly powerful. She waved her hand silently and the entire crowd froze in place. Mal stifled the urge to jump up and down in excitement. She could do spells silently! Silent spells were the only type of magic that was incredibly hard to master for the Fae, as it was infinitely more powerful than Latin and English spells. Evie grabbed her hand and squeezed.

"Let's go meet up with Uma," she said, smiling at Mal. Mal nodded and regally descended the steps, Evie and the boys close behind her. She left the Auradonians in their kneeling position as she and the others left the castle, kicking dead bodies out of the way as they headed for the beach where they could see Uma's ship was currently docking. Mal could see the awed look on dirty children's faces. She would get the kids and teens a shower and force the chef to cook a grand meal for those under her protection. Despite what the people of Auradon may be thinking right now, Mal wasn't heartless. When children and teenagers came to her with deals of exchanging items for protection, Mal wasn't going to say no. Not only did that mean she could provide for her gang, but it meant that the kid had a safe place to stay as well as pulling their own weight. Why would she ever say no? Word spread amongst the children and teenagers who were being beaten and raped by parents or relatives, or even strangers on the street, and those who needed help came to Mal, Evie, Jay or Carlos. It was an arrangement Mal had had for years. If you could carry your own weight and not be a freeloader, you would be under the protection of the dragon and her gang. No one would mess with you, and if they did, they didn't stay alive for very long. The kids filed off the boat, heading straight for Mal in an orderly fashion. They all stared at the four glittering crowns that sat atop the VK's heads.Uma was the last to get off the boat, Harry and Gil flanking her.

"Where's the wand, Mal?" Uma demanded. "It looks like you won, but we are nothing without the wand."

"Relax Uma, I have the wand. Well, I have the power." To demonstrate, Mal allowed her magic to envelop her in golden and green sparks. Uma's jaw dropped.