prolonged

Kaitlynn pov

       Darkness is all I see, as I open my useless eyes. I can feel the sun but I can not see the light that was provided for everyone, the light that I was once under, the light I once see. Now, the light is not for me.

  I pull my blanket off my body, carefully moving my legs to the floor. I strech my hand to feel the bedside table, slowly gliding it to meet the wall, putting my right hand on the railing on the side, my left hand in front of me. I count my step as I go, after ten steps I turned right, two more steps and then right again. I was finally in the bathroom. I felt the toiletries under my hands and did my morning ritual. Then I count my steps backward to go back to my bed. I sit on the bed waiting...

"Click," I heard door opened, "Kaitlynn, it me."

"Luther!" I exclaimed as I heard my brother's voice.

"Hey sis, how you doing?" he siad softly.

"I'm as good as I can be." I answered him head down.

"Hey what wrong?" he said as he sat down on the bed beside me.

"I want to go out."

"You know you can't do that sis."

"I know , but I've been in here for years. It feel like I'm a prisoner. I want to be let out, please," I pleaded him turning my head to the side hoping my eyes would meet his.

The bed raised and I felt something towering over me, "Kaitlynn, stop this nonsense!!! You know why you can't go out. You are kept here for your own protection!" his voice blared throughout the room.

"My protection? Luther, please just for a second. I want to breath the air outside, I don't want to be trap in here! It's scary... I can't hear or smell a single thing! I would have forget my own voice if no one come to visit me. And the only thing keeping me sane is Argo! Please even if it just for a moment!"

"Kaitlynn! Stop this immediately! I did not come here to argue with you. You know what happen the last time you went outside! I don't know about you but I rather not lose you, even if it mean keeping you contained in this room!'' Luther sighed, as I heard his footstep slowly fade away, followed by a  click and another click, and I know that I'm a prisoner once again.

Argo who had woke up from the sound of our voice rubbed his furry had against my hand. And the sound of his whimpers and my sobs echoed throughout the room.