Epilogue

Sarah and Peter stalked the city together.

Like Peter, Sarah was born with the death curse. But, as she explained to him, it wasn’t a curse. Brecht — in his twisted manner of using Peter — almost had it right. Sarah quoted the old Lewis Carroll line about even a stopped clock being right twice per day.

When she first realized she was affected by this power, she pulled away from Peter. Sarah had blamed herself, not Peter, for her father’s cancer. She attempted to remove herself from those she loved the most, so as not to have them fall victim to the power coursing within her blood.

She had confided in Miss Hamilton about how she felt, and the two of them had researched the concept that Sarah came to understand as Sin Eater. Their research was revealing a lot when the accident happened. That sent Sarah further into reclusion, fearful of harming anyone else.

She explained that people Peter and herself were born with a unique power and responsibility of vanquishing evil souls and sending them back to the void.

It wasn’t until she was in Toronto with her cousin and they were surrounded by the biker gang that Sarah realized she could be in full control of her innate nature.

It had something to do with the manner by which women matured more aggressively than men. Peter’s bouts of uncontrolled death were the side effect of a hyperactive pubescent period, something which again often occurred earlier for girls than for boys. She explained that the sunglasses trick Peter had used worked as a type of placebo. Because he believed it held his power in check, it worked.

Sarah also explained that the visions she had, the dreams she experienced, often twisted, nightmarish and grim, were likely the result of the consumption of souls, a side effect of the nature of their purative power.

Peter simply couldn’t believe it.

After all this time, after all the angst and suffering, this curse was a blessing.

Because it meant he would spend the rest of his days, side-by-side with the one person he truly loved, the only person he could trust.

Brecht was gone, but Fitz was still out there, as were countless others, willing to take their place.

It was another natural cycle of the universe.

Holding hands, Sarah and Peter embraced their role, pleased to be able to do it together.

They still had a lot of catching up to do.

And there was a lot of work ahead of them.

[This concludes the 100% FREE version of this novel on Wattpad. Thank you for reading it. If you enjoyed this novel, please consider leaving a review on your favourite book-related website (Goodreads, Amazon, Kobo, etc).

Reviews make a HUGE difference in helping the author. Even a short review makes a HUGE difference in helping people decide to check out a book. Thank you!

If you would like to purchase the book in print or eBook format, Publisher Atomic Fez's page (with links) is here:  http://www.atomicfez.com/book-catalogue/9781927609033.html]