NEWS AND MORE NEWS

Max’s POV
There I was holding Janet by my side lying on her bed as she run her fingers through my hair. I was just there playing with her earrings. Just then her mother walked into the room with some tea and snacks for us. (Wait, should I be scared? Nope I’m not, she’s totally fine with us dating)
Janet’s mom: Here you go guys, some refreshments…

At the very moment, at the exact moment when I was taking a sip of tea, I heard my phone ring. Well, that’s another beautiful dream broken. By who? Well, who else? Geooorgeee!!! This George should really be of the jungle and not at M.A.G.N.E.T. LABS. I decided to ignore the call and go back to sleep but he called again. (Switched off my phone and threw my head back on the pillow)

Just two minutes of silence and there was my mom shouting from downstairs: Maaax, there is a George from work who’s calling for you.
I dragged my feet down the stairs while rubbing my eyes. Feeling very sleepy I picked up the telephone receiver and with a draggy voice said, “Heellooo.” The voice on the other side sounded quite excited but I wasn’t very interested. “Morning sleep butt. We found out something very interesting about you so get here as quick as you can. I ain’t kidding boy so hurry up, don’t go back to bed.”
Ok, that got me very curious. Did I do something wrong? Was I being fired? No, can’t be. Whatever it was I would only find out once I get to the lab. I rushed back up for a quick shower, had a rushed breakfast and hurried to the lab. Good thing mom had gone out for a while so she wouldn’t stop me to have a proper breakfast. I had fed enough on my curiosity…

Thirty long minutes later I arrived at the lab but then there’s that high-tech system of elevator I had to go through. As much as it just takes a second or two, I still wasn’t calm enough. Good thing it was high tech otherwise I would have damaged it for sure.
The elevator doors opened and I wasn’t quite surprised by what I saw. Daisy and George waiting for me just a distance from the doors with a huge smile. I turned to take a look behind me if the director of Close Up was behind me because those weren’t ordinary smiles. Standing there rooted to the ground with only my eyes moving I asked, “Uh, What’s up guys?”

Without uttering any word, Daisy pulled me to her lair with George yelling from behind, “Hey! Wait up!!” The hologram projected an image of a body with some red and blue waves running all over the body intertwined. Obviously, I had no idea what it was so I looked at Daisy waiting for her to start rapping her words out as was her habit. Luckily, I could follow up with her speech, we all could actually.

“So Max, this what you see here is you,” those are Daisy’s words.

“Wait hold on a second there,” I uttered, “how can that be me? I’m standing right here. Wait did you guys start some sort of Hindu Spiritual Quantum Science or what? Is that my Aura? Am I that negative, or that positive?” That was just the sarcastic me taking over, you know, for fun.

“Max, be a good boy now and listen carefully to what Daisy has.” That was Barry, a colleague who also joined the party.
“I’m sorry Daisy, please go on.”

So, Daisy carried on, “Right now no more interruptions. So, Max that’s you there…your body. The red lines represent your normal blood cells and the blue lines stand for what happened to you. Now watch what happens.”
The blue and red lines fused to become purple.

“Whoa, what was that?” I asked, very concerned now.

“You see we were wrong about tiny pieces of soldering remaining in your body. We carried out multiple tests on your blood samples and even exposed it to various harsh environments in terms of Electromagnetic radiation and realized you are a full mutant,” Daisy said.

“Don’t keep me hanging. Tell me everything, come on.”

We all took a seat and Daisy went on, “What happened was that the soldering was successfully removed, it never broke into tiny pieces luckily but at that time you had been exposed to very high voltage of current. Later on, you were also exposed to very harsh UV rays from the same and almost immediately electrocuted by an electric pole. All the electrocution and exposure to electromagnetic waves from the sun caused your DNA to mutate. So, in the simplest but not the exact way we can say that electricity has fused with your DNA and if we explore further, theoretically you should be able to do much more than we think.”

“What about me having to feed on electricity constantly? According to what you just said this shouldn’t be a thing.”

“Allow me to explain this one,” George popped in. “That’s because the electricity isn’t that much widespread in your body but we do have a solution to it.”

“Tell me!!” I jumped and stared him in the eye.

“You see the way we sometimes have to jumpstart a car’s dead battery? That’s what we are gonna do but with higher voltage. There is one problem, it is gonna be darn painful.”

Until then I was fine but when he made this really painful expression on his face, my heartbeat got even faster. I felt like running away but I had to face the reality. “Let’s do it,” the words just came out of my mouth I don’t know how but yeah, they did.
At that point Daisy held my hand and asked me if I was sure I really wanted do it. Well, I had no other option. I couldn’t be a freak feeding on electricity my whole life, could I?
So they took me to the quantum lab where I was cuffed to some chain-like structures hanging from electrodes which were connected to high voltage supply of electricity. Oooh! I could already feel the pain. (Can you?)

“Max we’re going to expose you to a beam of EM radiation also so that we can be sure that your whole body is mutated? Are you ready?” That was Daisy. Man this chic was one well curved lady and a woman blessed with brains, cursed with knowledge. She is a bomb I tell you, both physically and mentally. (Shh! This shouldn’t get to Janet…)

“Firing up the lady,” shouted Barry. Zoop! I could feel the electricity running through me. All that pain, that torture. That never-ending suffering was killing.
George with the countdown, “10 seconds. 9…8…7…6…5…4…3….2…1… aaand done!!”
Blackout………………