A BATTLE NOT EASY TO WIN

So there I was standing at Janet's doorstep waiting for someone to open the door though I actually wished that whoever was to open the door takes all the time in the world. Well, whoever said that if wishes were horses beggars would ride was absolutely correct. I mean just a short while after I rang the door bell the door was opened. God, where were these horses, I really wanted to make my easy escape. I know this would have left Janet alone in this problem but considering the situation, it would have been easier for me than her.  

Whatever or whoever was standing in front of me got the soul out of me. How I wished  the ground would just tear apart and swallow me alive. I was having such a hard time facing Janet's dad. My legs were nailed to the ground and weren't ready to make a move. I'm pretty sure if they could speak the words they would have uttered are,'' Come on idiot run away. What the heck are you thinking dumbo?''

''Come on now get in!'' her dad told me. That's when I realized that whatever I was imaging was just a some ugly castle in the air. You can't even imagine what thoughts I was lost in nor do I want to talk about it. I greeted Janet's dad and walked towards the sitting room. OMG! Angry dad at the door and now, furious mom in the sitting room, boy I felt like I was in a slaughter house just waiting for my turn. After the dad came after closing the door we all took our seats. Both her parents stared at me, scary eyes got me intimidated. My eyes almost hid themselves in their sockets and never to come out. I looked at Janet but she was too embarrassed to look up, she indulged herself in studying the pattern on the carpet. As I was staring at her I saw a tear drop onto the carpet as the carpet absorbed it. That touched my heart. I knew it was all up to me to end this. 

Just then both parents shouted at the top of their voices, ''What is all this. How dare you date our daughter?'' If their looks had horrified me that much you can imagine what their voices had done to me. I felt like getting up at once and taking to  my toes. I even started trembling. Winter had presented itself in summer. The room started to feel unusually cold. Nausea, fever, sweating, trembling and silence had taken over me. My spine felt stiff and my jaws locked. The feeling was horrible and I knew that I would have to speak in my defense or I lose the battle and my trophy, Janet. 

'' I...I...I...I...'' man I was terrified. I didn't even know what to say. '' Speak up!! You have earned yourself very limited time,'' the dad commanded me. I felt like I was in court martial and this was the end of everything. Why are dads always that strict and horrifying? Is that why dads are called dads? If we are to specify then I think girls' dads are the most horrifying. My sister's dad isn't that bad, or is he? 

Almost immediately words started racing out of my mouth as if it was water flushed in the toilet,'' You see it was Adrian. You know how that boy is. He is the one who proposed to your daughter not me. But Janet turned his proposal down. Since Janet and I are very close friends he thought that we two are dating and he spread all this in town.'' Woah, was light faster or my mouth? I don't know, Ole Roemer! Verify!!

'' Ow so you and Janet are very close friends huh?''

'' No, no it's not what you think. You... yo... you see your d... da... daughter is very intelligent and I'm also kinda smart so we actually decided  to help each other and supplement each other's abilities so we became friends like that. Nothing else. I swear.'' ( I didn't even know from where I made that up). Did I just try to praise myself? Was that eve appropriate? Holy shit, my heart was beating so fast that it felt like some Hardstyle music.  

Just then they asked for something that was very difficult to produce. They wanted me to prove myself. '' You can tell Janet to show you the chats between her and Adrian. Then you'll believe me.'' I blabbered whatever came to my lips. My confidence was shaken once I listened to myself. What did I just say?

Oh crap. Me and my blabbering and throwing out of words. I completely forgot the about the part where Janet told Adrian that she loves me. Shit! Shit! Shit! Now what? If they see that then I'm doomed.  I just remembered that when they called on Janet to get her phone. ''Aahh!! Please luck why only with me? Why? I hate you luck!!'' I shouted out loud in all silent ways possible. Silence must have been petrified by me. 

Oops!! What did Max just do? Will Janet and Max be caught again? Will Max's lie go down the drain? Read on to explore. Comments and votes are very much appreciated.