Chapter 4: First day of Kindergarten

Start from the beginning

I halted. I felt the need to turn around and run away from this place. A hand rested on my shoulder, warmth seeped from it. I looked up, seeing my mother's gaze. She smiled gently and patted my head. 

"Don't be scared, Chi-chan. We will be back after this. Be on your best behavior, okay?"

Those words made me think twice. I sighed and went inside the building. I heard Father cried out, bawling his eyes, and Mother's soothing voice cracked as she shed a few tears. Greeted by a kind woman in an apron, she led me to a classroom and gave me one assuring pat on my back before she left to attend the other children.

In the classroom, children were already seated on a mat, talking animatedly to one another. I gulped and took a step. My eyes spotted spiky red hair. I lit up and went over to him. I tapped his shoulder, causing him to flinch. He whipped his head around, timid red eyes looked up. I beamed my signature smile at him.

"Hwello En-chan!"

His red eyes widened and softened. His eyes expressed relief and happiness. His lips then curled up at the corners. 

"H-Hwello C-Chi-chan..."

"En-chan okay?" I tilted my head, concerned for the little Cinnamon Roll. His shy and quiet demeanor will make him a target for bullying in the future events. 

He looked down at his tucked knees, a slight shadow covered his eyes. 

"Enma scwared of meanies..." 

"...Don't worry! Chi-chan is here for you!"

"Chi-chan not scwared?"

He asked. I shook my head and sat down besides him, our sides touching. 

"Chi-chan not scared! En-chan here! Chi-chan happy!" I grinned at him. Enma brightened up at that and smiled back. My heart fluttered. Whenever Enma is around, my otaku side comes out

"Good morning, class! My name is Nakamaru Mei! You may called me Sensei or Nakamaru-sensei! I hope you are excited to get started on your first day! We will be introducing ourselves one by one in a big circle, so everyone let's form a circle!" The woman from before who helped me suggested. Everyone chorused in agreement and stood up to create space. The first one began on the left side. It wasn't long until it was Enma's turn. 

"K-Kozato Enma...likes cats, my family and Chi-chan..."

An imaginary arrow shot through my heart. I was included. In my mind, I squealed like a maniac, bouncing in the clouds. This boy was too precious! 

It was my turn next. 

"My name is Hiragii Chisaki! I like my family, friends, bread and En-chan!" I said cheerfully, giving a bright smile to them. Some smiled back while some snickered to each other. I paid no attention to the latter. 

The day went by with boring alphabets, singing, counting one to ten, colouring, etc. My eyes were drooping to close. I could just fall asleep as I have more knowledge than this kiddy stuff. I just want to hurry up and get over with the day. I let my mind wander off as we were singing 'Twinkle, twinkle stars'. At this moment, the plot have yet to begin. Adelheid and Julie were in elementary school. I don't get to see them until three o'clock. I thought about Simon's first appearance in the manga. They appeared after an earthquake strikes in their area. It was after the Future Arc. I pouted as I will not get to see the characters yet before the arc starts. 

The bell rung, signalling the best time in the school;Recess. I quickly jumped up to my feet and grabbed Enma's hand. I bolted out of the classroom to the playground. I dragged him to the sandbox to play in.