Chapter 30: Panic

Start from the beginning

"This is because of you." He spoke shakily, allowing his tears to fall freely. "She is gone because of you."

No response came of the mirror in front of him.

Taehyung watched himself in the mirror as he trembled in the darkness of his room.

"You always do this." He sobbed, his hand moving to touch the reflective glass. "You...You always do this."

The royal swallowed hard, casting his gaze down to stare at nothing in particular.

He couldn't stand the sight of himself.

To say that he missed you...would not be the complete truth.

Of course, he missed you..he had grown fond of your presence....but what he felt was more than "missing you". He was physically hurting at the loss of your smile, your scent, your...touch.

If he had kept a closer eye on you...If he had taken The Followers more seriously...If he hadn't allowed them in the castle..you would be there safe and sound.

The sound of glass shattering filled the room, breaking the dead silence of the night.

Taehyung never rose his eyes to look at the mirror, he didn't have to. He slowly lowered his now bloody hand down by his side, watching as loose, glass shards fell from the broken mirror in front of him.

What if you never come back?

What if he can't find you?

What if he's already too late?

____________________________________________________________

You let out a loud sound of protest as you were dragged out of your cell roughly, the golden bracelet around your wrist glowing brightly.

In the short time you had been here,you had slowly begun to make a connection between the bracelets that seemed to connect you and The Followers.

From what you could understand, all the bracelets were linked to one another, each one having some kind of magic binding them together. Aten, the leader, seemed to have the most powerful among them. His bracelet was significantly larger than any of the others and it seemed as though he could control anyone who wore one...

Yours, however, was a special case.

Much to Aten's displeasure, he could not control you like everyone else...the extent of his power was like that of a powerful magnet, being able to drag you around by your wrist unwillngly like you were some kind of human ragdoll.

You hated the smug smirk that the bald man constantly wore when he was around you, knowing that he could draw you to him at any given moment.

While you had come to gain a good amount of knowledge about the bracelets, there was one thing you couldn't quite understand....Why would Writer put this on you? Wasn't he on your side? Didn't he want you to finish the story? How were you supposed to do that when you were chained to The God of Death's number one groupie?

No matter how many times you wracked your brain, you couldn't seem to come up with any kind of logical answer for his betrayal.

An exasperated sigh escaped your lips as you were roughly jerked forward once again, being pulled to an unknown location.

"Where exactly are you dragging me?" You spat out to the eager, bald man before you.

He sent you a glare in response, his stone cold eyes burning holes into your icy blue ones.

"My master has decided that it is high time he finally met you."

Your heart immediately sank to your feet at his words, Panic beginning to settle in your stomach.