part 6

Even though the books only garnered 30 reads and 2 votes. I am highly grateful ❤️❤️
Also, apologies to me not naming the parts/chapters. The truth is this story is just free flow and off the top of my head. Sure I had a plan and all but I steered away from it 😅 I didn't like how some of the characters turned out in my original 😂. Anyways,here goes.

_________________________________

Stepping out of the limousine Kai had ordered to pick me up,I throw a grateful smile to the driver and begin making my way to the event. The classical music stifled by the walls of the great building. The place is huge and suddenly I feel conscious of myself. Quickly scanning my outfit,I mentally decide I look good. The dress I settled on after hours of deliberation was a beautiful yellow. It's material soft and easy to breath in. One thing I liked was it's length and high slit. It hugs my curves but freely flows to my legs. The only cleavage it showed was my thigh and since it had straps for sleeves,a bit of my back.
Taking a deep breath,I walked into the entry way of the venue but not before the bouncer asked for my invitation.
After checking in,me and some of the other arriving guests where ushered in and almost immediately,we were given flutes of champagne.

__________________________________

20 minutes later I was standing in a comfortable corner.. alone. I hadn't spotted Kai yet and I felt stupid for ever admitting to coming here. Has the gorgeous bastard stood me up?
Sighing angrily,I unclasped my little clutch to check the time on my phone. He said he would be here at 8pm on the dot but it's 8:30pm and I can't see him.
What the hell am I even doing here? Am still exhausted from my earlier encounter with my horrible past.
Spotting a waiter,I call him and ask for another flute of wine.
Wandering to an empty sit,I settle there and sip the smooth liquid. It's the good stuff,I can tell. Am not an expert on wines but this is the tastiest one I have ever tasted in a long long time.

Checking on the time again,I give him 5 more minutes and that's it. I will be leaving.

Leaning back into the seat,I scan around the room and realize that I am surrounded by so many popular people. Am talking musicians, actresses, pioneers in medical and scientific research,big business men and women. Am impressed but at the same time wondering why the hell Kai chose to invite me.
Sighing,I take another sip of wine. 2 more minutes and I am gone.

I must look out of place. The thought makes me more angry and feeling vulnerable.

Times up!! Packing my phone in my clutch,I gulp down the rest of the wine in one go. Just when I arise,I feel a large warm hand covering the exposed bit of the back of my dress. Seconds later,the strong whiff of his cologne over powers my senses and he leans to whisper in my ears...

"Why is a beautiful woman like you sitted here alone?"

Swiftly turning around,I realise I am mere inches away from his lips as his still leaning down. For a few fleeting seconds he looks down at my lips and then at my eyes. As if asking for permission to do what I think he wants to do.

No... this isn't right. His hand, the one still on my back makes an up and down movement,as if to keep me warm. It feels good...

"Where you about to leave?'

His deep, smooth baritone resonates deeply within me and then it resonates in my head and I soon understand the question.

Clearing my throat,I push him slightly away. Soaking back my personal space. His brow furrows but he stays silent.

"Yes. You are late." I say in a tone that isn't pleased. Displeasure, sipping on to my face.

What just happened? Did we almost kiss..?