Chapter 6 (edited)

Start from the beginning

“I do?” I cupped my cheek, pressing both sides making Alex chuckle.

“Too much cycling can do that to you.” he said with a cheeky expression on his face. “You should just let me pick you up.”

I smiled and shook my head. “It’ll make no sense Alex; you live on the opposite side of town.”

“So you want me to move in with you? It’s a bit too sudden, don’t you think? I would prefer us to get to know each other first, you know, test our limits together…” he replied with a big stupid- looking grin on his face which, if I may, made him look disarmingly cute.

“You’re funny, Stockholm.” I laughed mockingly.

“So I’ve been told.” He was quiet for a while before he leaned back and looked at me again. “Seriously, think about it. I could pick you up. You don’t have to cycle to school every day, it’s got to be tiring.”  

The sincerity hung heavy in his voice but I just couldn’t accept his offer. “I’ll let you drive me when we move in together.” And just to tease him more, I winked. Alex chuckled; grabbing his chest where underneath his heart lay.

“Oh, my fluttering heart!”

Before I knew it, the morning had passed and I was walking back with Mary Sue from the cafeteria after having our lunch. I was putting away my lunch box when Josh came and took a seat next to his girlfriend and gave her a quick kiss before he turned to me.

“Hey, the office lady is looking for you. She asked me to tell you to come down to the office.” He said.

“Huh, that’s weird. Why didn’t they just announce it on the speaker?”

“It’s broken again. Seriously, for the amount of tuition we pay, they should at least get better equipments.” Josh mumbled before he focused his attention back on Mary Sue.

“Guess I better get going.”

“You should do that.” Mary commented, not even looking at me.

“I’m going. Besides, I get the feeling I’m going to want to gorge my eyes out if I stay anyways, what with you guys making out…”

“Jealous…” spat Josh, now making suggestive gestures and inviting Mary to get on his lap.

“I choose to be single, you know.”

“No you’re not, we’re moving in together remember?” suddenly Alex appeared, smiling goofily while  taking his seat.

“I got to get going.”

It was past lunch hour so when I was sauntering the hallways of the school and heading to the office, it was relatively empty of students. The echo of my own pace vibrated dully in the empty corridor as I passed empty classes along the way. The classes that were near the offices were hardly ever used, so it was empty too –