Chapter 20

As Liliana cruised down the highway, she had Tori rambling through her speakers. 

“So who did you meet?” Lily asked her.

“Dr. Murray.”

Hearing that name made her blood boil.  Dr. Conrad Murray was the last person to see Michael alive.  “Why?”

“I had to ask questions.  He agreed to answer anything so I met up with him.”

Liliana threw a piece of gum in her mouth. “What he say? Did he seem genuine?”

“Yes,” Tori said sadly.  “He always has.  The way he spoke was very convincing.  ‘This is what happened’ and-ugh, you could hear the passion in his tone as he told his truth but for me, it just didn’t make sense.  I’m not saying I don’t believe him but nothing really made sense.”

“Like what?” Liliana asked scowling towards the speaker.

“Him giving Michael CPR on the bed-”

“He what?” she interrupted, smacking on her gum now.

“He said he panicked.”

Liliana sucked her teeth.  “Doctors don’t panic.”

“He said Michael was his friend and they considered each other family.  He seemed upset about it but he doesn’t feel it was his fault.  Michael gave himself the last dose.”

“The last dose of what?”

“He said Michael’s milk.”  You could detect the confusion in Tori’s tone.

Liliana held her heart with one hand and steered her way into a parking lot with the other. She thought back to the moment when Michael vowed, years ago, to succumb his deepest temptations and never go near his milk again.

“What’s milk?”

“Propofol.”  Liliana was now more than curious to hear the toxicology report.

“What’s that?”

“It’s just...”  Liliana put her car in drive.  “Did he say anything else?”

“Just some nonsense.  I’m screaming neglect.  Nothing he did made much sense,” Tori stressed again.

So many different thoughts and scenarios were swirling through Liliana’s mind.  “I’ll see you back at the house.  I’m almost there.”

“Wait, what did Ava say?”

“Nothing.  She’s grieving,” she said sarcastically.

Tori sucked her teeth.  “Whatever.  Okay.”

As Liliana stepped out of the car and walked back to her condo, she structured a new text for ‘Micah.’

Lily

I’m going insane.  I need answers.

By time she stepped foot into her bedroom, he had already text back.

Micah

Answers to what?

Lily

Michael’s death.

Micah