Courtesy Of The Red White And Blue

Suggested to me by OliviaGuardabascio
------------------
The World Summit Meeting had end about an hour ago and America couldn't be happier. The entire meeting had basically consisted of insults towards America's culture and people leaving the American in a bad mood. 'Ripoff Culture' and 'Stupid American Pigs' came to mind. On top of that the meeting had taken place in Texas so being insulted on his own land didn't help.

At this point the only thing that could calm Alfred down was a nice drink at one of the local bars. So Alfred traded his bomber jacket and suit for a plain white t-shirt, a pair of jeans, a regular black jacket, and cowboy boots and walked from his house to the bar. Once Alfred got there he was greeted by the cheerful bartender who had been previously clean a dirty mug. "Hey there buddy! Wha' can I getcha?" The Bartender asked in a cheerful voice before put the glass down behind him so he could turn all of his attention to America.

"Moonshine please." America replied sitting down on one of the bar stools while the bartender gave him a look. "You sure?" The Bartender asked "That stuffs mighty strong, and 'ow old 're you?" The Bartender words had the American looking up from where he was sitting. "Dude I've had a bad day and I feel like I'm two hundred years old." America retorted his heading flopping onto the bar not even looking at the surprised bartender who just shrugged and poured his a glass of moonshine. The Bartender who Alfred could see was named Steve from his name tag sprinkled some ginger in the alcohol.

"Gets rid of the bitter taste." Steve told him before setting the glass on the counter and going back to cleaning the glass he had been trying to clean before America had arrived. America took a sip from his drink and started to relax as he knew any other country would rather die than step into one of his country's bars. Behind him Alfred could hear a band playing some random tunes with no lyrics.

America recognized a lot of them since most of them were patriotic songs from The Star Spangled Banner to Toby Keith's American Solider. It put a smile on his face when he heard some of them. Steve seemed to notice as he smiled when he saw Alfred was happy with the music. "You like the music?" Steve asked finally finished with cleaning the beer glass and smiled at Alfred. America nodded before he noticed a certain gleam in the bartender's eyes.

It reminded him of how Tyler looked when she found a new song for him to sing. "If you like it so 'uch than why don't you go up there an' sing a little song?" Steve suggested with a wicked grin on his face as Alfred blushed slightly before answering. "I-I don't sing. And when I do I don't sound very good.." America trailed off when he thought of the compliments Tyler gave him whenever he finished singing. "Aw darn! Guess I'll just 'ave to help ya." Before Alfred could even ask what he was talking about, Steve whistled over to one of the guitarists who looked up from tuning his guitar and over at Steve.

Steve gestured for him to come over which he did. "What's up, Steve?" The guitarist asked looking at the bartender. "Jim, this is Alfred. Alfred, this is Jim." Steve introduced gesturing between the two males. Jim smiled and held out his hand for the American to shake which he took. "Nice too meet you, Jim." Alfred said nodding at the other while Jim did the same. "Likewise Alfred." The conversation was interrupted by Steve who cleared his throat.

"You see Jim, I offered Alfred 'ere an opportunity to sing but he thinks 'is voice is bad." Steve said glancing between the two. "Why do you think you have a terrible voice, Alfred?" Jim asked the blonde who continued drinking while they talked. "I don't exactly surround myself with..supporting people." Alfred muttered under his breath just enough for the two humans to hear him. "I have an idea!" Jim said causing Alfred to perk up at the excitement in his voice.

"How about we let you pick a song and then you just sing. No one here's gonna judge you." Jim suggested in a reassuring tone and Steve followed up by saying, "And if anyone does make fun of ya, then I'll just kick 'em out.". Alfred, surprised at the kindness he had received from two strangers, just did the thing he could do: he nodded. "Sweet! What song do you wanna sing?" Jim asked looking excited. "Courtesy Of The Red, White, And Blue. It's one of my favorites." Alfred answered grinding brightly with new found confidence.

"You got good taste in music kid." Jim quipped before Alfred set his glass on the bar counter and Jim pulled him over to the rest of the band. They were all quickly introduced and Alfred was handed a microphone. He looked nervously at the crowd of the bar not seeing the rest of the allies and the axis powers staring at him with widened eyes. With one more encouraging smile from Jim America started to sing.

"American girls and American guys
We'll always stand up and salute, we'll aways recognize
When we see Old Glory flying there's a lot of men dead
So we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our head."

America's soft voice threw off the foreigners sitting at the far end of the bar as they stared at their 'co-worker' with even more widen eyes. Who knew their American could sing? And why was it so patriotic? Alfred didn't notice the bewildered glances being thrown his way and just continued to sing.

"My daddy served in the army where he lost his right eye
But he flew a flag out in our yard 'til the day that he died
He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me
To grow up and live happy in the land of the free~"

Alfred's southern accent had started to mingle into the song making it all the more awesome. A few people in the crowd smiled at the song while others just continued to watch their fellow American sing.

"Now this nation that I love had fallen under attack
A mighty sucker punch came flying in from somewhere in the back
Soon as we could see clearly through our big black eye
Man, we lit up your world like the Fourth of July."

America was not a country to be messed with, despite the fact that some nations don't remember this and pick on him, he knows most fear him because of what he's capable of. Alfred just banished these thoughts away starting to get into the song and was happy.

"Hey, Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list
And the Statue Of Liberty started shaking her fist
And the eagle will fly man, it's gonna be hell
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell
And it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Oh, brought to you courtesy of the red, white, and blue~"

The bell part made England's thoughts go back to the bell he'd given America for his 100th birthday. He and America seemed to further and further apart with each passing year. What happened to being his older brother? Jim did a guitar solo before America started to sing again.

"Oh, justice will be served and the battle will rage
This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage
And you'll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. Of A
Cause we'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American way."

At the last line everyone in the bar besides the allies and axis laughed one guy even said, "Hell yeah we will!". By this point Alfred just felt all of his troubles melt away with the lyrics he sang.

"Hey, Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist
And the eagle will fly man, it's gonna be hell
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell
And it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Brought to you the courtesy of the red, white, and blue."

Steve was smirking at Alfred and refilling drinks for some foreign people at the end of the bar. Some of them looked at Alfred flabbergasted while others looked dumbfounded. Did they know him or something? Steve just shrugged off the thought and watched the blonde singer finish the song.

"Oh, oh
Of the red, white, and blue
Oh, oh
Of my red, white, and blue."

As America finished the crowd cheered loudly and he received pats on the back. The American also got compliments to which he blushed and muttered a thank you. The rest of the countries where just about to go over to the blonde and interrogated him when an arm stopped them. It was Italy's arm. "Leave-a him-a be. Let him have this-a moment." The young Italian ordered (more like pleaded).

And for once they listened.

-----
Hey guys! Any thoughts to share?