The Waiting Game

Shiro's P.O.V.

   I followed Veronica down a million hallways into a parking garage. There were tons of rovers and cruisers and even a few motorcycles. "Got anything that can hold agaist aliean weaponry?" I joked. "Actually I have something that should do the trick. Follow me." She said and we weaved through the cars. "Alright here it is. It's supposed to resist our earth bullets and missiles so hopefully it will hold up for the ride there and back. Get in we're loosing time." She said as she got into the drivers side. I got into the passenger side and the large door opened and we were off.

    "Theres a medkit under your seat I suggest getting that out." Veronica said as we drove out. I nodded and grabbed the medkit. I fiddled with it a bit because I was nervous. I didnt know what I was going to find in that crashed ship. "Alright Sam. Open the particle barrier in 3, 2, 1!" Veronica said and just as we were about to hit it, it opened and let us out into the war zone. We headed straight for the black lion and I could already see the crushed ship behind it. "Shiro I'm going to tell you this now. When we get Adam out alive or not, save your emotions for the ride back. We'll die if we stay a second longer then we have too." She said. "I'll try but no promises. Slap me if you have too. We're brining him back one way or another." I replied.

"Good because we're here."

----
Adam's P.O.V.

    "Adam! Adam can you hear me?"

    My ears were ringing but that's all I could hear. "S-Shiro...." I tried to shout but I was so weak. I could barely move and something definitely felt broken. I couldn't see through the wreakage but soon peices were being removed and some light was starting to show. "Adam? If your awake show me a sign, please." Shiro shouted. My arm was being held over my head because it had gotten cought somwhere up there on the way down. I wiggled my fingers slightly as pain shot throught my arm.

    More wreakage peices were being taken off of me. I kept wiggling my fingers because it was the first thing he would see. My hand was free eventually he grasped it, almsot too tight. I groaned in pain. "Adam hold on, we're going to get you out of here." He said softly and let go out my hand. Soon I saw his face and someone elses. He smiled through tears. "Hey, hey be careful. If anything punctured him dont take it out of him, he'll bleed to death." The female said. It was getting harder and harder to stay awake. "Adam stay with me. We are going to get you out of here." Shiro said. I nodded weakly as my eyes begain drooping.

    I was in a daze when they finnaly pulled me out. I could hear hear Shiro crying. "Shiro we have to go now. Get it together and help me get him in the rover." The female said once again. "Veronica his--" "I know I know. The sooner we get him back the sooner we fix him." She said. "Yeah, okay." He said and soon I was being lifted up. My brain was foggy and I begain falling in and out of conciousness. My head was on Shiros leg and he was wrapping up things all over my body. He was crying. Their voices became muffled as I passed out from the pain.

----
Shiros P.O.V.

    The next few days were a blur to me. Adam was imediatly brought in for emercengy surgery. I sat outside the OR, waiting for hours. Sendak's army retreated after a massive beating from voltron. Keith sat with me for a while. Adam has a broken leg, arm  collarbone, a magior concussion and he lost alot of blood. They had to put him into a coma

I didnt sleep at all.

     "Shiro, hey, how are you holding up?" Keith asked. I shrugged in response. I was in Adam's hospital room sitting by his bed. Keith placed a food tray on the table. "Please eat." He said. I shook my head. "Shiro it's been a week. You havent eaten and you havent slept. Please at least drink something." Keoth said as he sat down next to me. I grumbled and grabbed the glass of water. I drank the whole thing. "See, feel better now?" He asked. I nodded slowly. "Good. Have a good sleep."

"What?"

    Soon I was feeling drowsy. "You spiked my drink-- you bitch...." I mumbled as my eyes started drooping. "You need to sleep. I'm doing you a favour." Keith said. "F-Fuck....yo-you...." I stuttered as my head fell and I blacked out.

------
Lance's P.O.V.

    "Keith dont you think that was a bit harsh?" I asked as I watched him put a blanket over Shiro. "No. He's making himself sick by staying up for this long. I'm doing him a favour." Keith replied as he lifted Shiros legs onto another chair. "He's going to be pissed when he wakes up and realises you spiked his drink." I replied. "I know. I'm just looking out for my brother. I'm worried about him. I know he loves Adam but this is a bit too far. Besides he'll wake up next to Adam anyways it's not like I'm moving him somewhere else. He just needed to sleep for a little bit, that's all I wanted." He said as he walked to the door. I had been standing at the door frame the whole time. "Yeah I guess you're right." I said. He walked toward me and kissed my forehead. "Alright lets go find the others and tell them that Shiro is finnaly asleep." Keith said. I nodded and I put my arm around him and we walked down the hospital hallways.

    We got back to the garrison after a while and walked into the bridge. "Hey. How are they?" Allura asked. "Finnaly knocked Shiro out. Hopefully he sleeps for a while." Keith replied. We sat down and Hunk handed us some food. "Guys I missed all of the ingredients we have back here so much. I made the best zitti you will ever have in our lives!" He said excitedly. "Thanks Hunk. It looks amazing." I said and smiled at him. "Its really good." Pidge added. She was eating and typing away on a laptop.

   Keith and I enjoyed our food and talked with the group. It had been a crazy week since the battle. Everything was weird and we all wanted to spend time wiyh our families. But we had more importnatbthjngs to worry about. Sendak's ships have been orbiting earth since the fight. They havent done anything but we are worried that they will strike again soon.

For now, it's just a waiting game

~~~~~
Hi friends I'm sorry that this chapter is so short <w>

I've been doing alot of art lately and it's really fun :))

Enjoy

-Sarah