"what?"

"jeongin, i know i've never been the same since your mom died." his dad started, "i know i've been a terrible parent these past few weeks and i'm sorry about that okay? i really am trying my best son, and unfortunately my best isn't enough."

"dad..."

"your hyung made some arrangements for you in seoul, you remember woojin-ssi right? he agreed to take you in for now, i want you to go there and leave."

jeongin shook his head, "i- i'm not going anywhere. we're a team right? we promised eachother we have each other's backs!"

his dad sighed, "i know baby and this is me having your back. i would never send you away unless it was completely necessary. busan isn't the place for you to be in right now. you need to heal somewhere else."

"b-but.."

"it's a fresh start baby, i know you don't want to stay here right now with all the happenings. it's for the best."

jeongin sighed, knowing it was hard to argue with his dad so he just nodded in defeat, "when do i leave?"

--

a nervous jeongin stepped out from the train as he stood on the platform, he had with him his cream luggage bag with him as he scanned the people there to look for the person that was going to pick him up.

"hello! you must be jeongin yes?" he turned to his left and saw a man, a few inches shorter than he was with blonde hair that was styled perfectly and a warm and welcoming smile on his face.

"y-yes." jeongin nodded and the man smiled wider.

"great, i'm bang chan, but please, call me daddy." he winked and jeongin blushed.

"i-"

"yah! chan stop scaring the child." he heard a voice nag and jeongin smiled softly when he saw his hyung's friend, woojin.

"welcome to seoul innie booboo, don't mind chan, he's wack."

"i only wanted him to call me daddy cause you're the mommy." chan pouted and jeongin found himself giggling at chan's extra self.

woojin's cheeks turned slightly red before saying, "just take his bag before i shove it up your bleached ass."

jeongin barked out a laughter as he clapped his hands excitedly, the two hyungs smiled at each other as they succeeded in making him laugh.

woojin put his hand out and jeongin grabbed it, "i think you'll really like it here innie. you'd fit right in."

--

after a few goodbyes, cries, and a "i will set busan on fire and take your ashes back with me." courtesy of minho. jeongin was ready to leave.

"thank you for everything hyungs. i'll see you all again soon." jeongin bowed as he entered the coach.

"if you need us we're here okay?"

"we're one facetime away!"

"i'll send you a dick pic later tonight!"

jeongin laughed as the boys began to wack jisung in the head because the elderly were giving him glares for being a disrespectful cunt.

"train for busan is about to leave!"

jeongin smiled sadly as he took a seat and stared out the window to see his hyungs wave him off, woojin was resting himself on chan's chest as he waved, a lone tear falling from his eye as he watched the train depart.

--

"hello? jeongin? baby?"

"hi dad."

"oh baby i missed you so much! where are you now?"

"i- i'm on my way home."

--

the sadness is getting to me y'all i-

also thank you guys for tuning in!! we're at 4k reads (or getting there) and going strong!! i'm so happy about the result of this book even if it's a mess at times.

also, i figured i tell y'all now but when we hit chapter twenty five i'm gonna release my next hyunin book!!

y'all wanted coup d'etat so imma give it to you (just don't expect updates for it till this book is finished lmao).

thanks for reading!!

- ferds