26

Sometimes Queen Bee wondered how she'd do in the Olympics in her superhero form. Her feet thudded against the pavement as she ran ahead of Carapace at a ridiculously fast speed. Parisians were peeking at them from behind their curtains.

She sighed. It's too early for this...

"Over here!" Carapace yelled suddenly, waving his hands wildly like a mad man.

He caught Rena and Chat's attention and they quickly reunited.

"Let's go." Rena said.

"Where's Ladybug?" Queen Bee asked as they started in the direction of Marianne's house.

Chat answered with all possible haste. "We got rid of her. No worries."

"Are... you okay, dude?" Carapace asked, noticing the tense look on Chat's face.

"What? Oh, yeah I'm okay." Chat shook his head, "I'm sorry. It's just that something about that fight was odd."

"I think so too." Rena said, surprised that she wasn't the only one.

"I'll explain when we get back to the others," Chat told them, "I'd rather not have to repeat myself." And the four of them kept quiet for the rest of the journey.

"Thank God you guys are back." Marinette said when they came through the door, "So, how'd it go? Is everyone okay?"

Chloe nodded proudly, flopping down onto the couch. "Of course everyone's okay." She smirked, "Queen Bee saved them." Pollen giggled.

Adrien had a more serious topic. "I don't think Ladybug is who we thought she'd be."

"Why would you say that?" Marianne asked.

"So halfway through the fight, I almost fell off a roof, but she caught me and pulled be back up."

Alya jumped in. "And then, Hawkmoth tried to akumatize Ladybug, and she avoided it." She added.

Nino propped his elbows on the coffee table and leaned his head in his palms. "That's odd." He remarked, tapping the side of his cheek.

Chloe agreed. "Strange."

"Then how'd you lose her?" Master Fu asked.

Adrien gulped. "Uhhhh... So when I noticed that Ladybug didn't want me to get hurt, for whatever reason, I moved back to the edge and stuck my foot out like this." Adrien demonstrated by putting his foot ahead and tilting his body forward. "I told Ladybug that I'd rather die than hand over my Miraculous."

"He was being all dramatic." Alya snickered, "I told him I could just make an illusion to get us out of there."

"I wanted to see how she'd react." Adrien explained, "And she almost immediately shouted at me not to jump and that she'll leave me alone if I didn't."

"Dang." Marinette said, dumbfounded, "Why did she care so much if all she wanted was your Miraculous?"

Adrien shrugged. "But at least now I know that apparently I matter more to her than the Miraculous, which is questionable."

"Well there's no need to know." Master Fu said, brushing it off, "I have the ingredients ready now. Have the kwamis drink it; You'll be powerful enough to defeat Hawkmoth."

"And once you're done with that, I can erase the Parisians' memories with Tikki." Marinette smiled, "Adrien, do you still have the bottle?"

Adrien nodded at her. "It's in my bag."

"Wait." Nino said, sitting up, "What about the ingredients from Ming?"

"Can't we just text Juliek?" Chloe asked, then she paused,"Oh wait. I forgot. The writing is invisible in pictures."

"The ingredients worked just fine." Master Fu pointed out, "It's quite possible that Ming had the same list of information as Lew did."

"I guess." Alya shrugged.

"Alright, kwamis." Marianne announced, coming out of the kitchen with a pot in her hands, "Watching Fu mix the ingredients was the most entertaining thing I've seen in months. Let's make sure this works."

She handed Alya, Nino, Chloe and Adrien a big wooden spoon each. The four looked at each other, then reached in the pot, took a spoonful of the greenish mixture, and turned to their kwamis.

Plagg groaned internally, before pinching his nose and gulping it down. Which was ironic. Trixx licked her lips and smirked at him.

Almost immediately, the kwamis started to glow and Master Fu shielded his eyes with his arm. When the light faded away, he looked up to see...

"Hm?" Alya said, confused.

Pollen peered down at herself. "We haven't changed a bit!" She exclaimed.

Adrien turned to Master Fu. "Is this normal?" He asked.

"I don't know." Master Fu admitted, "I've never seen this transformation before in my life. There was never a need to use it."

Marinette ran a hand through her head and groaned. "Now what?"

"Maybe we do need Ming's part of the ingredients." Nino said, "Should we go back to San Francisco?"

Marianne shook her head. "You saw how Ladybug used your friends against you. They're getting desperate. There's no time."

The group hushed, running out of ideas. The trees outside swayed in the soft evening wind and the soft radiant sunlight illuminated the surroundings. But it couldn't reach the shadows. A figure was crouching under the cottage window, listening closely.