7

Nino quickly grabbed Alya and covered her with his body. The ceiling collapsed onto them and a heavy sheet of dust covered the ground. The doorman was yelling something in Chinese, his voice desperate and panicky.

"Alya? Nino!"

"We're here!" Alya yelled back at Marinette. Then she looked up at Nino and saw his face scrunched up in pain. "Nino, what happened?"

Nino smiled. "Just a scratch, no worries."

Marinette appeared through the dust, Chloe right behind her, trying to dust off her clothes.

"Where's Adrien?" Chloe asked.

"Over... here..."

Marinette looked around. His voice sounded either weak or far away. "Where?" She shouted, scanning her surroundings frantically. The air was dusty and it stung her eyes.

No reply.

"I don't see him!" Nino called.

Marinette cursed under her breath. She saw people trying to save others who were trapped under the falling debris. Yet there was no Adrien.

Then came an evil laugh and a figure descended into the area. Marinette immediately knew what was happening. "Hide!"

Alya and her hid at the back of a still-standing pillar. Nino and Chloe hid behind a pile of debris.

It was a woman with broad shoulders. There was a red boxing glove on one of her hands. Alya gritted her teeth.

"We got to transform." She declared, before Trixx came flying out of her jacket.

"You can't!" She exclaimed, "The people here in Hong Kong might not know about the superheroes in Paris. It'll only cause more chaos."

Wayzz appeared too. "She's right. And if there's akuma here, that means Hawkmoth knows you're here. An akuma would be bait for you to show yourselves."

"We have to find Adrien." Marinette said, her voice fueled with so many emotions. She felt like she couldn't breathe until she sees him with her own eyes. He needs to be okay. I need him to be okay. "If Hawkmoth knows we're here, he'll definitely be after Cat Noir."

"Do you wanna split up?" Chloe asked.

Marinette nodded. "But we have to at least stay in pairs. Alya, come with me."

What a Ladybug. Chloe smiled inwardly. Then she realized who she was paired up with.

"Quit standing around, Chloe." Nino huffed, making his way across without being seen.

The akumatized women was saying something in Chinese and waving her fist in the doorman's face. She then threw her fist in the air, sending a wave of energy around her. It knocked Chloe over when she was crawling across to Nino. The akuma narrowed her red eyes.

A purple mask appeared on her face. "That's Chloe Bourgeois!" Hawkmoth cried, "Boxier, get her!"

Before Marinette could even wonder how she could understand English, Boxier was already closing up on the blonde, who was struggling to regain her footing. But just before she could even lay a hand on her, a flower pot was hauled her way. Boxier dodged it with ease, then turned to the direction it was thrown from.

Nino waved awkwardly. "Hi."

Distracted, Boxier felt an unfamiliar tug on her right arm and realized it was Chloe, yanking her glove off. "No!" She yowled as Chloe threw the red boxing glove to Nino.

"Why does Hawkmoth always give his akumas ridiculous outfits? It has absolutely no style and taste. I mean, just look at that ridiculous stash! Whoever he is, he's obviously not a fashion designer."

Nino caught the glove and tried to rip it open. "Damn these gloves are tough." He groaned. He quickly grabbed a nearby rock and sliced through it with the sharp end. A purple butterfly escaped from the opening.

The woman was detransformed and was immediately surrounded by a group of curious adults. Miles away, a certain man in purple was cursing his luck.

"Nino. Thank you." Chloe said, when he helped her up. Nino shrugged in response.

The cry that came out of Marinette's mouth from the other side of the debris was currently unknown to the human ear.

"Chloe! Nino!" Alya shouted, "We found Adrien!"

Adrien was lying against a heap of rubble, feeling giddy. "Something... something hit me..." He murmured, eyes closed and breathing heavy, "I think... might have... concussion."

"Can you stand?" Alya asked urgently, "We should get out of here."

Nino squeezed between Marinette and Alya. "Dude. What happened?"

"Concussion." Plagg answered, floating in front of his face.

"I can stand." Adrien said, grabbing on to Alya's hand and failing to yank himself up. Nino knelt beside his best friend and placed Adrien's arm around his shoulder. Chloe went first to make sure there was no difficult obstacles in their way.

Ambulances and firetrucks were crowded outside. Some people were crying, saying it was the devil, wailing for their loved ones. Marinette felt her heart drop. This is all my fault. All because I lost my miraculous, I can't even use my Lucky Charm to fix the damage.

They stopped at an alley. Chloe sulked at the wet and dirty ground. A mouse ran by. Nino gently put Adrien down.

He groaned. "I feel... lightheaded."

Nino chuckled. "That's because you got hit in the head."

"Why don't we get him real help?" Chloe suggested, "There are ambulances and medical assistants everywhere."

Alya shook her head. "We don't need any more attention drawn after you and Nino expertly took care of the akuma." Chloe looked away, embarrassed. "Marinette. You okay? You've barely said a word..."

"I'm good." Marinette lied, before squatting down in front of Adrien, "Hey, do you still have the address in your pocket?"

Adrien, despite being dizzy and weak, felt a touch irritated that she didn't even care if he was well. He sighed, too tired to deal with his thoughts right now. "It's in my back pocket." He said, shifting about and reaching behind him.

Marinette hastily took the piece of paper from him, like she was scared she'd touch his fingers. Adrien stared her down.

"We should go now." She started, when she saw a shadow creeping up behind her.

"Who are you?" asked the silhouette.

___________________

I'm adding an original character in here. Not sure what I'm going to name her yet.

Bug out!