Chapter One

I open the window of 'my' bedroom, and climb down the side of the house. I hate being in that room, it smells like Dudley, and let's just say...that's not the greatest thing to be smelling. It's the very early morning, the sun showing no signs of  light. I go over to the side of the house and lay down in the spot I frequent quite often. I like to think of it as my little palace, a place where I can make my own rules. "I'm so sick of being Dumbledore's 'Golden Boy', or the 'Savior of the Wizarding World', why can't anyone see I'm so lonely?" I mutter softly, allowing a few tears to fall. This is the only time I can show my emotions without someone pointing them out and punishing me.

Sometime goes by,  thoughts flying through my head at a million miles an hour.  A rain drop hits me in the face, and that's what brings me back from my mind prison. The rain and tears mix together as I sit up, hugging my knees to my chest. "I...I just want it all to end,"

I keep telling Dumbledore to stop sending me back to my abusive family during the summer. I'm treated like dirt, worse than a house elf. I can't take it anymore. The actions of my first encounter with Voldemort in my first year keeps playing through my mind, like a broken record. What would've happened if I shook his hand and actually joined the dark side..?

The sudden 'pop' of apparition jolts me awake from my thoughts. I clutch my wand through my jumper. Not like I could really do anything, seeing I'm still underaged, with means I can't do magic outside of school without getting expelled. Soon, that cold, eerie voice I know only from my nightmares fills my mind. The smooth edges of the sound becoming intoxicating. "The offer still stands...Harry..." The voice hisses.

Slowly, I get up and approach the cloaked figure. His flashing red eyes, his wicked smile...It could only be one person. "Voldemort,"

"Potter..." He purrs, taking a step towards me. I want to run away, but my body isn't listening to my mind. For all I know, the man in front of me, the man that killed my parents, is here to finally finish off the job. And I'm completely defenseless. 

He chuckles, "I'm not here to kill you...at least, that is unless you give me the wrong answer," His eyes flash red as the rain starts to come down harder. "Join me, be my...some would say, dark lord in training. Why work against each other when we can do so much more together,"

"What would I get if I join you?" I ask, my eyes narrowed. How can I trust you

"You will gain unlimited power...power over those who've used you, and manipulated you..." He's quick to move behind me, now whispering in my ear. His sharp nails pressing into my pale skin. "You will get to prove Dumbledore he's wrong....you aren't just the savior of the wizarding world....you're the destroyer of the muggle one,"

My breath gets caught in my throat. Destroyer of the muggle world? What could he possibly mean by that. And Voldemort's right, everyone who I've ever met have just used me for my fame, or just out right manipulated me. Not only will Dumbledore be shocked, along with all the rest of the wizarding world, but everyone will see who they've leaned on to save them for so long...Their hero turned enemy.

"Er...Yea...Yea, I'll do it," I say, turning around to face the cloaked figure behind me.  He holds  out a boney hand, and I grab onto it. Suddenly, the familiar, yet odd, feeling of apparition pulls at my navel. 

What have I gotten myself into?

*******************************************************************************************************************************

"Mr. Malfoy, please take Mr. Potter up to my private chambers...I have something I must attend to before I speak with him," The eldest Malfoy nods, taking me up a large flight of stairs. It sort of reminds me of Hogwarts, with pictures of who I can only assume are the Malfoy ancestors, old homes, and random dark objects. I was so entranced by everything around me, I hardly noticed that Mr. Malfoy stopped in front of a door. I only found out after I bumped straight into him.