[ 8 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT

"There is only one who is all powerful, and his greatest weapon is love. "

- Stan Lee

🕸

Tony Stark was furious. Furious with himself for his recklessness and furious with Olivia who was being incredibly irresponsible and stupid enough to go out in the middle of the night on her own. According to Happy, who finally gave in under the pressure of being fired, it has become a common occurrence for Olivia to sneak out and dissolve in the night.

Nothing could be done to pacify the monster that had emerged from inside of Iron Man. Not even Pepper who, after hearing the news of Olivia's disappearance, raced back home with more fear of what Tony would do to Olivia when she came back home rather than of the dangers lurking in the shadows of the outside world. Telling him that Olivia was safe, was not enough to satisfy him.

As his worry increased with every passing second, he took measures into his own hands; or rather, the hands of a certain teenage boy.

Peter Parker was curious as to why the Tony Stark was calling him at such a late hour. He was prepared for a scolding for something he obviously did not do, but nothing could prepare him for such an outburst from the other end. Most of the conversation consisted of the former Avenger shouting into the phone, with over half of the words spoken making absolutely no sense to the boy and received on reaction. It was until about mid conversation that Peter finally understood what had happened.

"So let me get this straight. Happy said that Olivia sneaked out the house on numerous occasions and you're freaking out because she's pulling a typical teenager stunt?" Peter was confused. From what he knew about Olivia, he knew that she was a very strong and powerful girl no matter how fragile she may look on the outside.

"Are you arguing with me?"

"No! Of course not! I'm just having a hard time understanding what it is you are asking me-"

"-I'm asking you to use your Spider-boy powers-"

"-It's Spider-MAN-"

"-Parker?-"

"-sorry, So what is it exactly, that you want me to do?"

🕸

An hour or so of Peter swinging around New York passed until the boy slowly started to lose hope. For all he knew, Olivia was safe and sound at home and Tony was torturing him by making him spend the rest of the night looking for someone who was already found. But then again, she could have been hiding somewhere and how was Peter Parker, a sixteen year old kid, supposed to find someone who doesn't want to be found.

"-Karen, try Olivia's locator again. She's got to turn it on eventually. "

"Negative."

"Damn. Karen, call Happy."

Peter waited as he heard the signal go through. It rung for a minute or so before going to voicemail. It was only after the young boy's fifth attempt, that he finally heard a response.

"What do you want kid, I'm busy a-"

"Is Olivia home?"

"No, I thought it was your job to find her?-"

"-It was. I mean, it is. I just need to know something. Do you know if Olivia has anybody she could have gone to? A distant relative or -?"

"-No. She doesn't have anyone like that. Don't know if this will help but she tends to talk a lot about her best friend-"

"-Michelle. Why didn't I think of this before? Thanks Happy!"

"Wha-"

Within seconds, Peter was in the air. One web after the other, he was picking up speed - his nerves picking up rapidly as he neared the young girls' house. This was his final shot at impressing Mr Stark. And he was not going to fail this time.

He neared Michelle's bedroom window and saw the girl sitting on her bed, sketch book in hand.

"Come on Peter, don't be creepy. Just knock on the glass softly, wait for her t open the door and ask her some questions. Olivia's well being is on the li-"

"-What are you doing?"

"AAAHHH!" Spiderman fell back with a loud thud. He looked up to see Michelle looking out the window with an amused face.

Peter immediately stood up and climbed onto the small rooftop of Michelle's garage. " I ,ehm, meant to do that." He coughed trying to change his voice.

"Definitely. Listen, is there a reason why you were creepily sitting on my garage, by my window muttering to yourself?" Peter looked away baffled. "Erm"

"I mean it's fine. I could just call the police and inform them that their saviour is a pervert and-"

"-NO! I mean, ehm, there's no need., I just need you to answer some question and I'll be on my way."

"Great. That's definitely how I saw my Saturday night. Being interrogated by Spider-Man. You might as well come in. "

Michelle made way for Peter to crawl in through the window. Her bedroom was fairly large, filled with posters and books, and sketch pads, and video games, and music sheets.

"You sing?" He said picking up a sheet.

"Yeah, and I can also knock a boxer out. What do you want?"

"Right. I'm looking for your best friend Olivia. "

"Why?" She raised her eyebrows.

" Her father-"

"-Tony Stark, I know-"

"-Is worried. She disappeared and no-ones heard from her for hours."

"And why would I know where she is?"

"You're her best friend-?"

"-And since when does that mean I keep tabs on my best friend? That's toxic. " Michelle eyed him up and down before sitting on her bed comfortably and taking out a book from her beside table.

"Michelle, please. I'm worried. It's late and if something were to happen-"

"-Do you know what day it is today?" She asked without bothering to look up from her book.

Peter looked at her baffled.

"Saturday?-"

"-The date you idiot-"

"-June 1st."

"I guess daddy didn't tell you what happened June 1st?" She finally looked up at Peter and stared right into his eyes. "June the first is the anniversary of Olivia's mom's death."

She looked at him with sadness in her eyes, as his throat tightened. That's why she seemed so distant lately.

"Oh." was all that he could say.

"She never misses it. Always goes out to buy the biggest bouquet to put on her grave. That's where you'll find her. " She smiled.

"Thank you Michelle." He said as he started to make his way back out the window.

"See you around Spider-boy."

🕸

[ unedited ]
1090+ words