prologue

PROLOGUE

" Youth is not the time of life,

It's the state of mind. "

🕸

The blazing sun kissed Olivia's slightly sweaty and tanned skin. Mother nature's cold breath stroked her flushed face as she sat on the balcony of the Avenger's tower. After a long training session with Happy Hogan and James Rhodes, Olivia enjoyed a big jam filled doughnut.

Her muscles ached, yet, a small smirk appeared on her face as she imagined the faces of her coaches if they found her eating such delicasies.

She didn't really care. For the last two hours, as Olivia was working her butt off at the tredmill, Happy and Rhodes sat on the couch stuffing their faces with doughnuts and cream pies and other sweets refusing to give her one.

Now, that there was noone here to prevent her from eating the dessert, she took a slow bite out of the juicy doughnut. Jam filled her mouth and made her smile. The sweet strawberry taste reminding her of the many summers spent in her summer house with her parents.

She shook her head not wanting to dwell on the past. She licked her fingers which were covered in icing sugar and jam. Just as she finished licking her fingers clean, she heard the door to the balcony open. She heard someone clearing their throat behind her and froze

Scared, she shoved the rest of the doughnut into her mouth and violently chewed it before gulping it down, nearly choking herself.

Innocently, she turned around to meet a not so happy, Happy Hogan.

" Why hello Happy. And what might you be doing out here on this fine afternoon?"

"I could ask you the same thing." He said crossing his arms in front of him.

"I.... took the wrong turn to the bathroom?" Olivia mentally face palmed herself. She was usually an amazing liar, she had to be if she were to survive living with Tony, but  Happy somehow always managed to get the truth out of her. She could never lie to him.

"Really? And what is that on the corner of your mouth?" she held her breath.

"What? There's nothing in the corner of my mouth." Livia licked her lips and smiled at Happy.

"You missed." He said handing her a mirror. She quickly opened it and checked her reflection. She cursed under her breath as there was in fact, something red in the corner of her lip,

"That? It's nothing. It's.. lipstick." She said wiping her face getting rid of the substance.

"Lipstick you say?" He asked sceptically. Olivia nodded her head hoping that he would leave her be, but boy was she wrong.

"Well, that lipstick just earned you ten laps in the training area. You should be happy that it was me that found you and not James. He would have you do ten times more laps then me. Now off you go."

Olivia nodded and with her head hung low, she walked past Happy.

"Hey!" He called after her. As Olivia turned around, she saw something fly towards her. She placed her hand in front of her and a strong gust of wind, pushed back whatever it was that was thrown.

She looked at Happy who looked satisfied and happy with himself.

"And for that, you can have a doughnut. " He said before patting her shoulder and walking off whistling some unknown tune and leaving Olivia confused about what had just occurred.