[ 4 ]

CHAPTER FOUR

" ...that they never could. "

🕸

Two weeks have passed and Olivia had been working harder than ever. What else would you expect from a talented girl who got her hands on a box filled with pieces of tech that she had never seen before?

Olivia was amazing with technology. She had always admired Stark's work and dreamed that one day, she would blow everyone away with her amazing ideas for suits and gadgets.She wanted to prove herself to the world, to her adopted father and make her real parents proud -  and she knew exactly what she had to do.

For a while now, the crime rates in New York ,especially Queens, have been decreasing drastically. At the beginning of this year, the police departments received more and more calls from an anonymous caller claiming to have caught several criminals.

Following the NYC PD reports, all of the officers that arrived at the scenes, claimed to have found the said criminals stuck to the walls of alleys, covered in a weird, sticky and white substance later revealed to be some sort of webbing.

The identity of the so called hero was a mystery until a couple of months prior when a student, on the way to school, shot a video of a mystery figure in red and blue spandex swiftly swinging around New York. The video ended with the figure dissappearing in an alley way and a few minutes later, a most likely teenage boy with a hood over his head, left the scene.

His face was covered so his real persona remained a secret. Even though his motives were unknown, the upcoming hero has made quite an impression on the residents of New York City.

Many articles shared their controversial opinions on the "crawling vermin". However, the most popular article that question whether the hero, who claimed the name Spiderman, was an article written by J. Jonah Jameson titled "Threat or Menace?" which sparked many theories about the Spiderman, one of Olivia's favourites being the idea that he escaped from a secret lab that experimented on spider-human mutations.

This sparked a theory of her own. A teenage boy injected with a spider serum that gave him inhumane powers. This to her, seemed like the most likely theory but you never know. It's like reading a good book or watching a tv series with a mysterious character where you just can't help but come up with your own backstory to fit your liking.

For Olivia it was something similar yet different at the same time.

Spiderman inspired Olivia.

Since she got her powers, one of her many dreams was to be a superhero. It wasn't because she wanted to be popular. She want a purpose, wanted to wake up in the morning knowing that people were safer knowing that no matter the situation, Olivia would be there to help.

Unfortunatly, this was all a big fantasy that could never come true. There were no more superheroes. They've been banned and since the Sokovia Accords, the best heroes have been missing.

Spiderman was a different kind of hero. He worked mostly at night and seemed to be free to do whatever he want. He had the freedom that Olivia Hale wished she had.

Stark would never let her do such things. Sometimes she wonders if he still sees the helpless young girl that Olivia no longer is. This is why she decided to take matters into her own hands.

🕸

[ edited ]
700+ words

𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙴

𝙸'𝚖 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔!

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚏 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚛 𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚊 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚊𝚞𝚗𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚖𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝚃𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢..

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚖𝚢 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚋𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚞𝚙 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝.