[ 5 ]

CHAPTER FIVE

" When you can do the things that I can, but you don't. And then the bad things happen. They happen, because of you. "

🕸️

Some nights, Olivia wished she lived in the countryside . Living in the city meant more people were out and about at night, cars drove around with their headlights on, businesses lit their fluorescent signs.

She hated it.

She wanted to see the dark blanket we called the sky littered with twinkling stars. She wanted shooting stars to be a normal thing. The beauty of the night sky is always masked by the artificial lights and airplanes soaring across. For just one night, all she wanted to see was the moon and a sky full of stars.

Her thoughts were abruptly interrupted by muffled voices coming from behind her rooms door.

This wasn't an abnormal occurrence. Most nights, Olivia would eavesdrop on various conversations that Tony would be having with a variety of people. One day it could be a mayor or a Royal of some foreign country, and another day it could just be Happy or Rhodey. This time, Tony seemed to be talking to someone on the phone. She usually stayed in her room protending not to exist since the conversation would last for hours and the young girl had zero interest in politics.

Olivia moved closer to the door, letting it open slightly to see Tony down the corridor. She muffled a giggle as she noticed Tony in a pair of ironman boxers with an "iron daddy" shirt. Besides this unusual choice of pyjamas, nothing seemed unordinary.

The bored and tired girl was about to go back to her room - her bed calling after her, sweet talking her into falling into its warm embrace.

However, something stopped her from doing so. A gut feeling of some sort. It told her to stay and listen. So she did.

"I still don't understand why you're calling me now? I have more important things to worry about than some stupid teenage dramas-" Rapid talking and the rushing of the wind was heard from the billionaires phone.

"Remind me again why I gave you my number? " A sigh escaped the billionaires lips as he pressed his back against the wall, his free hand massaging his temples.

"Fine kid listen. We don't want a repeat of the Vulture incident. Let the police handle it and go back to being the friendly neighborhood spiderman or whatever it is you spiders are doing. "

"Spiderman? " Tony's hand moved away from his ear as he turned around to face where Olivia was just  few seconds ago. Behind the now closed door, Olivia wiped away the non-existent  sweat and mentally face palmed herself for nearly getting found eavesdropping.  Who knows what Tony's reaction would be.

After waiting for a couple of seconds, in case the billionaire got a bit suspicious, she quietly opened her door ajar and listened in on what appeared to be the end of their conversation.

Muffled excuses were heard from the other side before a fed up Tony hung up. With a one last sigh, he disappeared behind one of the many doors of the building leaving Olivia to process what she had just learned.

🕸

Ever heard of the phrase, "curiosity killed the cat"?  Olivia never trusted such sayings, she believed them to be out dated and unnecessary. This was one of the reasons why Olivia found herself on the streets trying to track down the famous web swinger and see what was so important that he needed to call her guardian.