19. Powers and Pain

19. Powers and Pain

*Andrew's POV*

Anger flooded me and I threw the human back. "WHERE IS SHE?"

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," she lied strongly, though her shaking hands betrayed her emotions. Natalia had escaped me twice now. Her aunt had to know where she'd gone.

"Tell me where the princess is or I'll kill you."

My sister walked in and put her hand on my shoulder. "Andrew, there's no need for violence. I have what we need."

"Where is she?"

"With her guards and surrounded by our kind. It will be difficult to get to her again."

"I'll find a way. Let's go."

*James' POV*

The morning after I'd helped clean up Christine's house, I was on my daily run and heard something odd. Christine and Brianna were across the street walking Jack as I was coming up, and Brianna called Christine "Natalia". Where had I heard that name before?

Suddenly it hit me like a ton of bricks-who she was, what had happened to her.

"Natalia?" I called breathlessly. The two both stopped walking and looked at me. Once safe, I crossed the street to them. "You're Princess Natalia?"

"I am. You're one of us?" Shock showed on her face.

"Yeah. Wait, are Brianna and Dylan your guards?"

She nodded.

"That would explain why they came back with you. I can't see my parents letting me go across the country unsupervised unless I was a guard or something similar."

Suddenly a thought hit me. Mom and Dad had been confused and worried about the princess since the day she went missing, and even now they brought it up occasionally. "You have to meet my parents. You have no idea how anxious they were to come to Dimension Two when you disappeared. Everyone urged them to stay here though."

"I'd be happy to meet them," she said with a smile.

*Christine's POV*

Brianna, trusting James enough, took Jack from me and left. I was excited; I'd never met his parents before.

"Hi, Mrs. Culberson," I said.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" she asked. I shook my head. James smiled.

"Mom, this is Princess Natalia. But in Dimension One she's known as Christine Waters."

She gasped. "Richard, come out here!" I smiled.

"It's pretty new to me." I chuckled.

"To think, the princess, living just a few roads over for years." Mr. Culberson walked out and heard. Next thing I know, there's the sound of a lock clicking shut behind me.

"What are you doing?" I questioned innocently.

"What I have to," he mumbled.

"Dad," James interjected, "don't!" A searing pain erupted in my head and I screamed, falling to the ground. "What did she do to you? Stop it!"

I couldn't speak to protest for myself. Hopefully Brianna knew where I'd gone. Could Jack sniff me out quickly enough? He was a trained tracker.

My hands and feet went ice cold and began to tingle as the pain faded away in my head. "What's going on?" What I thought was a polite meeting had turned into what seemed to me a kidnapping-again.