13. Dimension Two

13. Dimension Two

*Christine's POV*

"Who do you think he called?" I asked while Dylan worked on getting us out.

"My parents," he answered simply.

"The Order used the term 'listed' when they asked about my parents." I added. "Then they said I wasn't adopted. But Andrew was talking about me not being a Waters and he called me Natalia. I'm confused."

"Well, Natalia is..." He cut himself off.

"Is what?"

"Uh, I think I'm getting close," he said. I sighed, letting it drop, and nodded my head forward.

"Ow!" I cried when my head snapped back and hit the trunk. The camera fell though, just like I'd intended. I smiled at my achievement.

"Chris, you okay?" His voice was urgent. Why was he acting so...protective I guess is the word.

I groaned. "My head hurts, but I got rid of the camera."

He sighed in relief. "Good. And...I've...got it!" The chains fell slack and I pushed them off my chest and stomach.

Just flicking my hands, I got the chains off my feet and stood.

"Let's get out of here."

He nodded and grabbed my hand. "What are you doing?"

"You're invisible now too. Now stay quiet and follow me." I looked at my hands, I could still see them. But I guess no one else could.

At that point I shut my mouth, though curious as to why he was so worried. We were home free now. He wrenched the door open from its locked position and pulled me out the door.

"We need to get you home," he mumbled. I saw the woods surrounding us and the dirt road ahead, we were isolated out here.

"Me? What about you?"

He just shook his head. "Where are we?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, but I know the way we came from."

"Lead the way."

For the next ten minutes, we ran as fast as our legs could carry us down the road. "There it is!" I gasped, pointing at lights in the distance. "The city we passed through."

He let go of my hand and I looked over at him. I could see him, which meant he had let the illusion drop.

We caught our breath as we walked into town. "This is close to a doorway!" he exclaimed quietly.

"A what?" I questioned.

"A doorway. Uh, I'll explain later. Just come with me."

*Dylan's POV*

I had to get Chris to Dimension Two in a hurry, before anyone could interfere. After hearing all of what Andrew and the Order had said, I knew exactly what he was planning.

While she watched me in confusion, I raced around the town. Looking for the shimmering that indicated the doorway, I decided to go to the edge of town.

"You know," Chris said, "I could help you look if you'd tell me what you're looking for."

I replied, "I just need you to tell me if the names Lindsey and Jacob sound familiar."

She stayed quiet in thought as I dragged her around. "Well...I had friends with those names when I was little. Why?"

I stopped, making her slam into my back, when I finally saw the shimmering. It looked like there should be a fire beneath it.