Before I Started Liking Him (Pt. 2)

So like a seventh grader I got over it and started liking someone else. But I hadn't really started liking anyone yet. So the day after Adam kinda rejected me something was going on that I didn't fully know about. This guy (we'll call him James) named James was one of my friends you could say we weren't like close or anything he just wasn't as rude as other people were so I considered that friends. 

Anyway it was my 4th block/hour class and I had Graphics (this was a class where you make art on computers). Anyway it came to the end of class when we were getting our stuff together and waiting for the bell to ring. After I had got my stuff all put away I was talking to these guys, ( we'll call him Leo and we already know James) but James was still putting his stuff away. So we were talking about the dance and the question got brought up by Leo saying "James wants to go to the dance with you will you go with him?". At the time the guys liked to have other guys ask me out for a joke and I'd say "yes" sometimes or even "no" but then immediately after that they would say "sike" but Leo and this other kid "named" Luke were being very serious but I still didn't believe them. So I kept saying " you guys are lying" and they said "we aren't lying he really wants to go with you" and at this point and time James was somewhere else doing something else. 

I got annoyed with them repeating themselves so I just said "sure I'll go to the dance with him". Then they went to go tell James and he was pretty surprised but at the same time I still thought he didn't like me. After that class I went to go tell my friends and they were flabbergasted. But weirdly they were excited for me. And I kinda got used to it, for about a day. 

Then girls came up to me the next morning saying that James was gonna ditch me. But then some other girls said he wasn't but knowing a teenage girl you know they don't care what the good angel says on her shoulder, she only wants the drama from the devil on her other shoulder. That was definitely me so I was planning something to do but I didn't know what it was quite yet. 

Then my 2nd block/hour came which was Science, my friends and I talked about what had happened and we had come up with a plan. The plan was to just go up to him and just say I don't want to go to the dance with you anymore. Which was reasonable, "So let the show go," I thought. The next block/hour I had was study hall I had to go to a math intervention though, not because I'm bad at math to be honest I'm not its actually my favorite subject plus I have an 'A' in every class. You just go to the intervention if its your go around every one has to go to one sometime in the year. 

Also in the math intervention was James and so I had told him "I heard you were planning to ditch me at the dance so I don't really want to go with you anymore. He had kept saying that he wasn't but he lies all the time and he still does. So I was glad that it was over, although I got crap all day about it but by the next day it was over. The dance was in three days and I was excited to go with just my friends.