Jane is already awake, packing her things back on her luggage with her beautiful face, dark and dead serious.

Hindi n'ya pinansin ang pagkirot ng puso n'ya at pagsikip ng dibdib n'ya, agad n'yang nilapitan ang asawa at niyakap ito mula sa likuran nito at patakan ng halik ang balikat nito, but Jane immediately pushed him away that stabbed his heart with millions of daggers.

Why is she packing her things? Is she leaving me again? Why is she pushing me away?

Hindi n'ya pinahalata dito na nasaktan s'ya at naglayo ng tingin para humugot ng malalim na hininga. Hinanda n'ya ang ngiti sa labi bago binalik ang tingin sa asawa.

"Hi baby, I've missed you so much don't you missed me?" Nilaparan n'ya ang ngiti dito at nilapitan ang babae. Pain crossed his eyes when Jane took a step back, why are you distancing yourself from me? Pinanatili n'ya ang ngiti sa labi at agad na binura ang sakit na dumaan sa mga mata n'ya.

"Baby—"

"Where am I?" Jane asked.

He smiled at her sweetly and roams his eyes around the room. "On our house. I bought this almost five years ago, this should be my first anniversary gift to you. This will be our home; this will be the house where we'll build a happy family—"

Naglayo ito ng tingin na para bang hindi ito interisado kapagkuwan ay pinagpatuloy ang pag-i-impake ng mga gamit nito na kinalunok n'ya, she's leaving me again that's for sure. "What's the location? Full address? Where's Jake?"

Hearing that name, it pained his heart he puckered his lips and pursued it together when his smile turns into sad one. "Taguig. Montegara's executive village." He answered in lower voice. He bites his bottom lip before asking with a forced small smile on his lips while he was biting his bottom lip.

"Who's Jake, baby?" He asked as his heart twisted in pain as his tongue mentioned that name.

Tumigil ito sa pag-iimpake at malamig ang mga matang sinalubong nito ang mga mata n'ya. "My boyfriend." Simpleng sagot nito na kinasikip mg dibdib n'ya.

He looked down when he felt his eyes starting to get blurry with tears. "U-Uhm, when a-are you planning to break up with him? I mean you're home now and I'm still your husband."

Jane smirked coldly unbothered by the pain visible on his baritone voice, "who told I went home for you? You dragged me here; I'm not even planning to get back to you and you're expecting me to break up with Jake for you? For a toxic guy like you? I won't poison myself again with the same poison that killed me years ago." Her used to be soft and lovely voice while talking to him- to everyone before, said in very distant manner that froze his breaking heart.

Nag-angat s'ya ng tingin dito at muli itong nginitian kahit namumula na ang mga mata n'ya dahil sa pagkapuno non sa luha.

If he does change, Jane did too and those changes are killing him.

His lovely Jane, his soft and loving Jane is now replaced with an unbothered, cold-hearted and distant one.

He gulped again as he let out a shaky laugh.

"I cooked baby let's go down, I prepared a food for us because I assumed that you must be hungry" pag-iiba n'ya ng usapan at para din hindi s'ya malunod sa sakit na nararamdaman hatid ng huling mga salita nito.

He reached for her hand and pulled the luggage away from her earning a hard slap on his cheek.

Sa lakas non ay napatabingi ang mukha n'ya, malalaki ang mga matang napatitig s'ya dito sa gulat.

Jane would never do that, Jane wasn't that kind of woman, si Jane ang tipo ng babaeng kahit sobrang sakit na para sa kan'ya hindi s'ya mananakit ng pisikal.

"J-Jane?" He shook his head and reached for her other hand. Nanginginig ang labing hinalikan n'ya ang kamay nitong ginamit nito sa pagsampal sa kan'ya.

He knows just like him; who changed for her, she changed because of him. It is all his fault. Marahas na inagaw ni Jane ang kamay at tilang nandidiri na pinunasan ang palad nitong hinalikan n'ya.

His eyes fell on the ground. Tulala s'yang nakatitig don habang para unting-unting pinipirapiraso ang puso n'ya.

Ilang beses s'yang lumunok at ng mapilit na n'yang muli ang mga labi n'yang ngumiti para sana muling ngitian ang dalaga ay tumunog ang telepono nito na dali-dali namang sinagot ng huli.

A baritone voice on the other line both welcomed their ears as Jane's soft and lovely way of talking to the man on the other line break his heart into tiny pieces.

"Babe? Where are you? Manong told me he saw you being carried by a man he doesn't know, I'm worried, Babe, tell me are you fine? tell me you are! —"

"Jake! Don't worry I'm fine, it's a long story, I'll tell you when I get home. I'll see you as soon as possible, don't worry, you know how much I dislike making you worried..."

***

ILANG BESES NA BA s'yang nasigawan ni Jane ng araw na 'yon dahil pilit n'yang binalik ang mga gamit nito sa walk-in closet? At dahil sinara n'ya lahat ng pinto ng mansyon nila mula sa labas para pareho silang hindi makalabas?

Hindi na n'ya alam kung ilang beses, pero ang alam lang ni Hermes ay alam na n'ya kung anong sakit ang pinaramdam n'ya kay Jane noon. Dahil lath ng sakit na iyon bumabalik sa kaniya ngayon.

He stared at Jane's phone that he confiscated.

Before he wants to be Tyler, and now...

"I want to be Jake... I want to be Jake so bad." He says oblivious by Jane's presence behind the wall where he was leaning. "I want to be Jake. Just like how I want to be Tyler before, I want to be Jake" He whispered under his breath as tears fell from his eyes.

***

PADAUSDOS NA naupo si Jane sa sahig ng kwartong inuukupa niya.

The pain on his handsome face and baritone voice is killing her and beating her to nuts, but she's afraid to show it to him. She's afraid to be as crystal clear as berfore. Because she knows that Hermes wasn't good for her, that he'll just end up hurting her.

Akala n'ya wala na ang nararamdaman n'ya para dito pero akala lang pala n'ya yon, at 'yon ang kinakatakot n'ya.

She's afraid to get ruined again. Ruined and broke by him.

"Babe... Come get me, Jake... faster." she talked to air before blowing out a shaky breath.

____

THENAUGHTYGRAY