ᴍᴀʀsʜᴀʟʟ ʟᴇᴇ || 💔

Depuis le début

Fiona lowered her gaze. "If you don't mind me asking...what happened...?"

<Flashback>

"M/n? What's wrong?"

"..."

"M/n?"

He tried to avoid my gaze a little. I walked over to where he was standing and put my palm against his cheek, turning him to face. "What is it? If something is bothering you, you can tell me."

"Marshall, I-- I can't be with you anymore..."

"What...?"

<End>

"I see..."

"..."

"Listen, I know you might not want to this hear, but I have to tell you..."

I looked up at turned to face Fiona. "What is it?"

"The reason M/n left...is because his coronation is today..."

"Coronation...?"

"He's becoming the new Alpha of the pack...and because of that...", she said, not wanting to finish her sentence.

My eyes widened. I suddenly remembered something M/n told me a month after we started dating.

"During coronations to name the new Alpha of the pack, they usually get united with another member of the pack. We say the two are fated mates, so they get married and become the new leaders of the pack. But, if someone wishes to challenge the new authority, they are given the right. Whoever is left standing is the official Alpha. It's been passed down through generations. We've always done it that way. It's tradition."

I covered my mouth, more tears appearing. I quickly opened the door and flew out. "Wait! Marshall!", Fiona called.

At the moment, I didn't care. All I wanted was to get to M/n before the coronation happened.

Why didn't he tell me?!

--

M/n's POV

"M/n, hun, we're ready."

"..."

"Come on, son. Don't make that face. Look presentable. The pack knows you're going to make a good leader. And if you're worried about the marriage, don't be. Love will come, my son. It will."

My eyes widened at that.

No...with her...? No...I can't...

"Come forward, M/n."

"Go on. You can do it. You've made it this far. Your father would be so proud of you."

I walked forward, walking through the middle. Members of the pack were sitting on the right and on the left of me. I tried to keep my composure, not wanting to come off as weak to the others. The elders stood at the front with smiles on their faces. When I got up to them, they bowed their heads.

"Your father would be most proud of you."

"Thank you."

Narrator's POV

Come on! Faster! I have to get to him!

As Marshall sped through the sky, he looked at the ground, trying to find the forest that M/n resided in. Fiona and Cake were a little ways behind him, trying to catch up. "Was it a good idea to tell Marshall?"