Chapter 6

I wake to the sound of rain, a regular occurrence now that we have entered September, and even though that would usually mean I start the day feeling down I actually feel great. I was able to sleep through the rest of the night without a problem and I put it down to the guy snoring lightly next to me.

When I had climbed into bed with him last night I had made sure to keep my distance, feeling extremely conscious of the situation, however, my subconscious obviously isn’t as bothered as during the night I have shifted to the extent that I am now tucked up into Liam’s side, crushing his arm between our bodies, I look up into his face that is turned in my direction and can’t help but smile at how young and boyish he looks in his sleep. Slowly I peel my body away from his and slide across the sheet to my side of the bed, it’s cold over here and I instantly want to slide back.

“Nice try.”  He mumbles without opening his eyes and I freeze like a thief caught red-handed. “No pretending you aren’t drawn to me.” His eyes fly open and he fixes his forest green gaze on me, rising on eyebrow. “Usually when I spend the night with someone we have to cuddle in the morning or something equally… cute.” He groans the word and I actually feel sorry for the girls who thought they were getting more than a night with him.

He stretches his arms over his head his and the duvet slides down his body so I can watch the muscles of his chest stretch out as he yawns.

“Get needy do you?” I state shamelessly checking him out. The mattress shifts, the duvet is thrown to the floor and Liam is above me on his hands and knees expertly avoiding my damaged wrist lying uselessly at my side. I don’t know if he remembers but I am very aware of the fact that he is only wearing boxers, it takes all of my restraint to not glance in that direction, the effort is almost painful.

“You have no idea.” He growls before kissing me and rolling off the bed to land on the floor and coolly strolling off towards the bathroom.

 Since Liam is in the bathroom I take the long way round back to my bedroom to get changed. The fact that he is showering in the next room and there is only an unlocked door between us is a weird experience, I could lock the door… if I wanted, and yet I don’t. Once again, out of ease, I have gone for a dress that doesn’t need a bra. It’s a summer dress really but I’ve added tights and a baggy cardigan so maybe it won’t be too bad. As I sit in front of the mirror to apply mascara I wonder if this is something I will be doing every day, at home I would only put make-up on if I was leaving the house but here I feel like I need to, like rough days are no longer an option.

By the time I leave my room Liam is in the kitchen area and I am struck dumb when I see him. He is stood by the grill, the extractor fan is whirling away but there is still smoke in the air, and he is wearing light grey suit pants, white shirt and a green tie that matches his eyes, his suit jackets hang on the back of one of the dining chairs. His hair isn’t its usual controlled mess but is tamed, parted and slicked. “What are you doing?” I ask approaching slowly. I can’t take my eyes off him as he manoeuvres around in the tailored suit that shows of his chest, shoulders, arms…. everything. The thought flits across my mind that he looks good when dressed causal, he looks good smart, he looks good in very little, this could be a problem.

“I may have forgotten to open a window before putting the bacon on.” He states with a grin.

“You do realise we are both going to smell of bacon now?” I sniff my sleeve to prove a point but all I can smell is Liam, I haven’t showered today so his scent lingers on my skin and in my hair. Quickly I throw open the windows next to the table and a chilly gust flows in to disturb the  and clear the haze away from my view of Liam.

“Do you want some or not?” He growls, whilst plucking a piece from the grill and placing it on a bread roll.

“Sure.” I say taking the seat at the table nearest the open window. “So what are you plans for the day?” I ask when he joins me, I’m aware of how I sound… like a married woman.