Meeting Time pt. 2

"So, how is everyone doing today?" Veronica asks and leans against her desk.

"Pretty good considering the situation," Larry answers back while I just shrug. Dad huffs and crosses his arms.

"So," she goes through some files, "from what I've heard, Mr. Fisher is in because of alcohol addiction and mental and physical abuse?"

Larry tenses up and I nod again, "Y-yeah,"

"I have never abused you, Sal!" Dad gets upset and stands up.

"You haven't?" I raise up my shirt enough to show him the bruises, "Then what are these from!?"

He tenses up and his face gets pale.

I put my shirt back down and inch closer to Larry. He seems shocked because of my outburst but lays his arm around my waist.

"So," Veronica starts, "what we do here, is we have small therapy sessions every week maybe depending on the circumstances,"

Dad continues to glare daggers at me, so I try not to look him in the eyes.

"In these therapy sessions we'll figure out the root of the abuse happening," She states, looking at both of us, "Mr. Fisher, is it possible to explain your thought process as you physically abused your son?"

He's quiet for a moment.

"I don't remember hitting my son," He spits out, "my fucking son."

She ignores that last comment and turns to me, "Could you describe what happened in the moment he physically abused you?"

"Uh, y-yeah," I grip onto Larry's hand tight, "I just came into our apartment and I smelt beer, I was just about to leave again when he chucked a bottle near me then noticed I was actually there, h-he came over and s-said stuff before pushing me and kicking my stomach and chest."

She writes stuff down and Dad looks shocked but still says nothing. He's sweating.

"What did he say, sweetheart?" Veronica asks and leans a little closer to me. The nickname makes me uncomfortable but I shrug it off with the thought that she's being nice.

I gulp, "H-he said," I grip Larry's hand tighter, "he said that I should've died w-when Mom died, how he d-didn't even want me b-but I was the o-one that survived." I blink back tears and lean closer to Larry.

"Sorry to ask, but what happened to your mother?" She writes more down and looks at me.

"Passed away in her sleep," Dad bluntly lies.

I huff, "That's not what happened and you know it." I can feel my anger levels rising.

I can also feel the anger almost radiating off of Larry by now.

"She was killed by a rabid dog, the same one that tore my face up," I, also, bluntly say. He looks away and shuts up.

this is the chapter i had written before i left, and since i assume my writing style has changed, ill just post the next full chapter with my (probable) new writing style ❤️