Happy Night

The rest of the mall trip is slightly more awkward, but we still have fun.

Ash and Neil were so excited about a new fantasy book from a series coming out. Apparently, they both collect stuff from that series and they wanted the book.

"I can't believe they sold out though!" Neil complains for the 50th time.

Ash just shrugs, "With all the demand, they should have more soon, dude," she smiles and nudges his shoulder.

Neil smiles a bit and wraps his arm around Todd's waist. "I'll just look on the author's website later,"

As we're leaving, I make sure I have everything I bought or brought with me. I had gotten the sweater dress, a white, brown, and black bead bracelet, a new diary, and a cute beanie with a pastel rainbow pom pom on top.

My current diary is getting torn around the corners and most of the pages are curled and weathered.

I only have a couple of dollars left afterwards. More for the surgery jar, I guess.

Larry holds my hand on the way home and I look up to him and smile.

He decided he wanted to grab some more alcohol to replace Lisa's stash. She normally doesn't notice, but just to be safe he says.

"Wait, you were able to buy e-juice, right?" He asks me.

"Yeah?" At this point, Ash, Todd, and Neil stop and pay attention.

He smiles, "They always ask me for ID," Oh. "I was hoping you could grab me a couple of beers,"

I just shrug and go into the gas station. The bell above the door prompts the cashier to look up. It's the same bored cashier as before so she waves a bit.

I nod my head to her and make my way to the back where the freezers are. I just grab a six-pack and head back up. Larry gave me some of his money.

The cashier barely blinks and scans the beer, "7.99,"

I pull out a ten and get change back. "Thank you," I say politely and walk out, the bell ringing again.

Larry looks overjoyed when I get out there, "Aw fuck yeah!" He takes the beer from my hands, "Thanks, dude,"

We keep walking, but Ash and Neil part with us at the apartments.

"Lemme go drop these off," He turns to leave, then turns back around, "Stay here," He flashes a toothy smile.

I just shrug and lean against the wall. Again, he turns around and takes my shopping bag from me. "Might as well," He shrugs and turns around again.

I snort out a laugh at his unwillingness to leave. Once more, he spins around and plants a kiss on my prosthetic's forehead. "Bye, Larry," I laugh and he just goes red and hops on the elevator.

As I'm scrolling through my phone, I see that I got a missed call. It's from the rehab center asking about a visitation appointment.

I decide to just call them back even if it's kinda late. It's almost 6:30 pm.

"Hello, this is Southern Nockfell Adult Rehabilitation, how may I assist you?" A rather young sounding guy answers.

"Hey, uh, I had missed a call about a visitation appointment?" There's some keyboard tapping, "Name's Sal Fisher?"

There are other people talking in the back, I can pick out a couple of young children as well.

"Ah, yes, visitation for Thursday at 9 am?" There's some rustling of papers and more keyboard clicks.

"Yeah, and I was wondering," I fiddle with the end of my shirt while I talk, "Is there any way to schedule that for after school?"

"Oh, uh yes, let me just--," A child screaming cuts him off, but he just clears his throat and continues, "Sorry about that, sir, let me look at what openings we have,"

"Would 4 pm work?" There's more muffled crying in the back, "Sorry for the background noise, it's a tough day sometimes,"

"Yeah, I can imagine," I sigh, "four would be great, thank you," I hang up.

Larry comes back up and holds onto my hand. "Heya, blue,"

I smile at the nickname and start walking with him. "I wanna show you something," I tilt my head in confusion, but he doesn't elaborate.

We get onto the elevator again and he presses the top floor. The button seems a bit sticky, too. Might not be used a lot.

When we get up there, I can see that I'm right. Everything is either under construction or falling apart.

We go to a set of doors that has stairs behind it and travel up to what I assume is gonna be the roof. Larry looks back at me and smiles softly.

When we get up, all my breath gets taken away. Woah.

The sunset is a mixture of red, orange, yellow, pink, and purple. It's so beautiful.

I'm in such awe that I don't realize when Larry goes to sit on the edge of the roof. When I do notice, I get scared then mellow out when I go over to him more. There's something about heights that makes me feel so...calm? No, that's not the word. At ease, I guess.

I take a seat next to Larry and look outwards. This would be a long fall.

I shake the thoughts out of my head and lean against the giant. His arm wraps around my waist and I smile and close my eyes.

What if I jumped? I'd probably die. Brain, knock it off. It probably feels like you're flying. I groan softly. Just stop okay, I'm trying to be happy right now.

I'm not able to shut up my thoughts, but I try my best to ignore them.

We stay out there watching the sunset until I get tired and Larry piggy-backs me downstairs.

The Blue Boy जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें