Ugh, School

It's finally lunch time so Larry, Todd, Ash, and I go as a group to grab our prison food.

"God, this is just green goop," I poke at it with my fork as we sit down.

Larry laughs and drinks his milk.

"So, you're not gonna eat that?" Someone asks me. Looking over, its a dude with green hair.

I push my tray over to him, "Yeah no," He smiles big and scrapes the slime off of my tray onto his. Good riddance.

I feel like I'm being watched, so I take a look around the cafeteria and see a kid with blonde hair staring at me. He has a bruised eye and a busted lip.

He quickly turns away when I look at him. I shrug it off and turn back to my friends.

I get up to dump my tray, and so does the blonde kid.

I don't think anything of it until he harshly nudges my shoulder, "Faggot," he insults me under his breath then walks past me.

Well, there's bully 1. He doesn't seem too bad though. Nothing I can't handle. I ignore him and dump my tray before going back to my seat.

"Fucking Travis..." Larry whispers under his breath as I sit down.

"Oh, is that his name?" I sit down, unfazed. Ash also seems upset, but stays silent.

Larry snarls at him, "He's a fucking prick," he pushes his hair back, "I was worried about him today,"

I just shrug and tighten my ponytail. "If this becomes a normal thing, I'll be fine, I've dealt with worse,"

He seems upset about that, but keeps his mouth shut surprisingly. He gives me a 'we'll talk later' look, though.

We get through lunch without any more of Travis and I follow Maple, another friend of Larry's that I met, to Music class.

Maple seems way more quiet and shy, sometimes even oblivious and lost in her own little world. When she talks though, she's pretty funny and great.

The class seems kinda empty except for a few other kids. Huh, small class. Seems okay.

It's a pretty big room and the few kids are just sitting wherever. There are some instruments in the corner like some woodwinds, brass, I even see an electric guitar and a keyboard there.

I pull out a chair and straddle it backwards while Maple sits on a beanbag next to me.

The teacher is a pretty young dude, maybe in his early 20s, with some tattoos and very teenage-like clothes. He seems like a music-pothead-hippie.

"Okay, everyone, we have a new student but I'll let you get to know him on your own time," He sits on his desk facing us. "My name is Mr. Mark Taylor, call me either name, I don't care,"

"We're gonna be picking out instruments and practicing with them today,"

He goes over to the instruments and holds out different ones, letting us pick.

I wait until he holds up the electric guitar and I raise my hand. "You?" He calls me up, "What's your name again?"

"Sal Fisher," I tighten my ponytail.

"Well here ya go, Sal," he hands me the guitar and a small amp, "take good care of her.

I set "her" down next to my chair and take my..err Larry's sweatshirt off. It feels like someone just cranked up the heat.