Peace And Quiet

Larry, Lisa, and I are just sitting on the couch munching on pizza watching Drag Shows--my pick of course.

"Yasss!" I yell at the screen, "Get! That! Money!"

Larry snorts at my gayness. Lisa is actually getting into it as well.

"Some of those boys are better at makeup than me!" She exclaims, "Not really fair if you ask me,"

Larry and I laugh. This is a good alternative to that church by far.

Instead of sitting in a stuffy church with bigoted religious people, I was chilling on a couch with an oversized Megadeth long sleeved shirt and some short shorts. Not to mention, I was with the boy of my dreams and his loving mom.

Larry slips his hand over mine and I smile underneath my prosthetic. Lisa giggles a bit, but I brush it off.

Lisa soon got a call about a repair so she had to leave--leaving us alone.

As soon as she leaves, Larry takes my prosthetic off carefully. It surprises me at first, but then I get more comfortable. I'm still disgusted of my face, but Larry kissed me. He was fine with it.

As if he could read my mind, his weirdly soft lips were capturing my own. Our lips moved in sync, and soon, I was straddling him to deepen the kiss.

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull back for air.

He looks at me with his eyes half closed and his lips parted. His eyes are clouded with lust, but I don't feel like going that far.

He pulls me closer to him for another kiss, and I go along with it. If he goes too far, I'll tell him.

Suddenly, he moves his hips against mine and I pull away gasping, "W-wait,"

He looks confused then understanding. "I won't push you to do anything, Sal,"

I smile, "Thanks, Larry Face," I slide off of him and onto the couch beside him. "Let's just cuddle,"

He huffs out a laugh but holds me close.

I snuggle into his side, and he changes the TV. He puts on a different show, a calmer one, but one that I'm not familiar with.

My guess is that he was hoping I would fall asleep, since I haven't been getting a lot lately--and he can tell.

I try and try to stay awake, but I ultimately fail. The show was just getting to the good part, but my eyes close and darkness surrounds me.

. . . .

I jolt awake after a spook in a nightmare. I don't remember exactly what it was, but it wasn't as bad as other times.

I'm lying on the couch with a throw blanket and couch pillow. There's a note on the coffee table under my prosthetic that I can barely see since the lights were off.

I sit up to read it, but I can't make out what it says.

It can wait for in the morning.

The bright clock on the stove says it's 1:46 and I'm not all that surprised.

I lay back down and fall asleep facing the wall. It's a calm, dreamless sleep, but that's fine by me. Preferable, actually.

. . . .

From behind my closed lids, I can see a light being turned on.

I don't care too much, since I'm practically smothering myself with the blanket and whoever it is can't see my face.

I feel a kiss on my forehead and I'm being pushed around. "Sal.." Larry says and continues to wake me up.

I groan and turn around to look at him. "Piss off," I turn back around and pull the blanket up.

He chuckles but continues pushing me. "You gotta wake up, Sally Face," He pulls the covers back down and I yawn.

"What time is it even?" I sit up and stretch. I can feel that my hair is a complete mess, so I ty to brush it out with my fingers.

"Uh," he looks back, "like 7:30, Mom woke me up,"

I groan more but grudgingly get up. Finally, I read the note that I saw last night when Larry goes to get dressed.

It's just saying that he left me on the couch to sleep, nothing much. He did write 'love you' at the end which made me smile.

I only realize that I left my bag in Larry's room when he comes out and I go in.

I brush out my hair and put it in a loose side braid.

I pick out a light pink sweatshirt with an animal paw on the chest. I pull on a pair of black skinny jeans and my converse.

As we're ready to leave, I put my guitar case on my back put and school bag--which has all my essentials--on my shoulder.

Larry slips his hand into mine as we're walking and I smile. A couple people stare, but we could care less. I lean into his arm.

Today isn't terrible.