Bird Nest stopped stroking the Priest's lips, surprise and incredulity flashed across his clouded eyes.

"A measly Purifier like you cannot have the ability of such perceptions... your deceitfulness will not bypass me!"

"Deceit is not in my character, but I have abilities I'm sure will surprise you!"

As Kazuki spoke a tingling sensation skipped across the palm of his hand. He glanced down at the hand still pressed firmly on the cool stone ground. He frowned... it was as if the earth beneath his skin called to him.

"He could still be present... you know how competent he is with manipulation. He is probably watching us as we speak. We have to inform—" Said Almost Baldy, however Bird Nest raised a hand for silence.

The sound of rushing water teased the still air, followed by screeches from the Demonic creatures. Kazuki didn't have to look to realise what was happening, he even felt the earth shudder from the fast-flowing movements from his hand.

Whilst the human Demons were distracted by Iliana. Father Benjamin slipped away from them as quickly as he could but Bird Nest caught his escape. Kazuki immediately sprung up and sprinted towards the Demon, then virtually rugby tackled him to the ground. Both of them rolled on the stone surface before hastily finding their stance again. The sound of Father Benjamin recommencing his Chants made the human Demons twitch in irritation, and the dark creatures growled bitterly.

"Shut that Chanter up...!" Shouted Bird Nest to his comrades. "I shall deal with this pest!"

"You've gotta deal with this pest too!" Jung cried out jumping into Kazuki's view, he turned to him and winked. "Did you miss me?"

"What were both of you doing down there... taking in the scenery?" Kazuki responded evading Jung's question.

"You're not jealous that I was down there with her and not you... are you?"

"Unlikely..." He mumbled to himself, returning his focus on Bird Nest who lunged towards him. "This one is mine."

Kazuki raised his sword as he prepared for the Bird Nest's attack. Once again he felt the earth under his feet call to him, like a subtle hum reverberating not only in his ears but also within the profundity of his mind and soul. The sensation tingled through his veins and again tapped lightly across his palms. He felt Bird Nest's footsteps thudding on the ground. He sensed the speed and the direction of his approach without the need of focussing his eyes on his opponent. Although this sensation was new to him, it was somewhat nostalgic and comforting.

He waited until Bird Nest was an arm's length away before shifting aside, while simultaneously swooping his sword up but the Bird Nest leant backwards as he pivoted around. When Kazuki turned once again to face his opponent, he noticed strands of ice white hair float downwards before him. Bird Nest hissed in annoyance at the sight of it, then strained his head in an awkward motion.

"I really hate Purifiers!" He cried out in anger.

This time it was Kazuki's turn to make his move first, he ran towards his opponent but the Demon was quicker. He leapt up into the air, gathered the layers of diaphanous black material in his hands, and arranged a whip like form before lassoing Kazuki's lower arms so tightly, he lost his grip on his sword. Bird Nest pulled him violently forward. As Kazuki toppled, the Demon appeared from the flutter of material like a bat in the night sky, and struck a tight fist across Kazuki's cheek and another across his chest. Kazuki staggered backwards until he crashed onto the solid ground, pain seared from the areas Bird Nest had struck his powerful assault. The human Demon roared with laughter as he drew back the material.