Chapter twenty eight - Tasks

Hermione pov

"Ron, how dare you. Y/n is not a coward. Y/n is just afraid of getting killed, or hurt again." I say.

"Again?" He asks. He looks at me as if to prove it. What and why would I lie? I roll my eyes before I start explaining.

"Did you see her the other night; her leg was cut open and her arm wasn't much better. Whatever happened when we were away hurt. Based on her odd limp she's still in pain but hides it well." I point out.

"She's still too scared to stand up for her friends." Ron sneers. Wrong again.

"Ron, you were a jerk to me a few months ago and she stood up to you and helped fight a troll just to help me." I scold him for the memory.

"Also... Y/n, Draco and I we saw a cloaked figure the one that I think was Voldemort. She jumped in his path to stop me from being attacked, as if to fight or take a hit so I could run." Harry told the both of us. She's really brave, even more so for a Slytherin. Maybe she chose the wrong house. No, she knows herself best, besides she's a Slytherin all the way.

"And Ron if you've forgotten when Draco found us, he was scared out of his mind, yelling about how Y/n was in danger because of a werewolf that she protected him from. That means she bought him time to run away." I remind him.

"Only so he could get us and Hagrid to save her." Ron spat back.

"No, she could've ran and tried to get us, leaving Draco as bait, instead she got hurt and yet is still following us on dead ends and wild hunts for this stone." I tell him. He looks down more out of shame.

"You made her upset more than once." I remind him. He nods. He can be so hateful of the Slytherin house.

"Look at me when I say this Ron Weasley." I demanded. He looks up at me.

"So next time you say sorry Ron Weasley, you better mean it." I tell him. He sighs in deep though and nods. I take my seat next to harry and we have a moment of silence before we discuss a plan.

"Now it's time for a plan." Harry says. I nod and we talk about what to do. Ron is just mad at Slytherin house because of the bad sides that some show.

Y/n pov

You made sure to have you last bit of healing elixir with you just in case. You dash up the stairs and see the door. You quietly open it and see fluffy awake and the trap door opened. You need a plan. You notice a broken piece of wood. You use a spell and drift it above the dogs heads, it caught their attention long enough for you to dash inside, scared for what you could've encountered. You hear the wood fall to the floor and you feel the rush of air. Oh Merlin!

You fall down and land in Devils snare...?

You see a hole, someone's been here for sure. You just have to remember to relax. You breathe in and out careful you hear voices. You think calm thoughts and the Snare drops you out the other side.

"Hmph." You gasp landing on your injured leg.

"What was that?" Ron asks. You feel for your wand and potion bag. Its all still there.

"I don't know, we should check it out." You hear Harry say.

You see Hermione, Ron and Harry round the corner.

"Thought I'd come with." You say dusting yourself off.

"I for one glad to see you came." Hermione said lightly hugging you.

"I need to tell you something important. I think it's not Snape. I think it's Quirrell." You tell them.

"Any proof?" Ron asks.

"Any solid proof it's Snape?" You fire back still a tad bit fired up at the boy.

"Quirrell the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher can't beat a simple troll. We could. And yet come anyway back with Snape and McGonagall. Peculiar isn't it?" You point out.

"Quirrell, working for Voldemort?" Hermione says aloud treating it as a real idea.

"Yes, you don't have to believe me, but he was there every time, he knew every time. Spies like him can seem the most innocent." You inform them.

"We'll think about it, but now we need to get through these tasks as a team." Harry said looking between Ron and you.

"Y/n there's something I need to say." Ron starts. You don't let him finish.

"Save it Ron. There'll be time later." You say kindly. You were worried there wasn't going to be so you wanted something for later.

"What've we got here?" You ask aloud seeing a broomstick in the center of the room, light was focused there.

"While we were looking and it appears in this room full of flying keys you have to choose one, but which?" Hermione says looking around the room.

"Alohomora." Ron say attempting to open the door. Okay so that's not working, Harrys moves his and in the light of the broom. Not light triggered. Then what is going on here?

"Ugh! What are we going to do? There must be a thousand keys up there." Hermione says looking at the dozens of flying keys above us.

"We're looking for a big old fashion key." Ron pointed out.

"There. I see it. The one with the broken wing." Harry says pointing it out. Poor key, broken wing. Harry reachs for the broom but stops.

"What's wrong Harry?" Hermione asks.

"It's too simple." He states.

"Agreed... but we have to move quickly." You tell him.

"Oh, go on Harry! If Snape- or Quirrell can catch it on that old broom stick you can." Ron edges him on.

"You're the youngest seeker this century." Ron continues.

"It's true Harry I know you've got this." You tell him with a warm smile.

The moment Harry touches the broom stick it sends all keys into attack mode focusing in on him.

"This complicates things a bit." Ron gulps.

"No lie there." You agree, there's little the three of you can do to help Harr right now.

They swarm all around him and you can do nothing but watch as Harry attempts to get out of their range.

Harry reaches up and goes so high we can barley see him; he attempts to grab it but fails. Don't make this like your quidditch game, your fall there sucked. This one won't be much better. You hope in your mind.

You see him grab the key. Yes! Now he just has to outrun everything else.

"Catch the key!" Harry yells throwing it to Hermione she gets it and rushes to the door. She fumbles opening it, all the adrenaline must be making her hands shake.

"Hurry up!" Ron shouts at her.

"Not helping" she mutters just then getting the door open. You, Ron and Hermione run in.

"Harry! Over here!" You yell at the seeker. He nods and you tell Granger and Weasley to get ready to close the door fast once he comes through.

"Now." You say. Harry just gets through and the manage to close the door causing loud thudding of all the keys hitting the door to be heard.

"I swear I never want to do that again." Ron says. Harry smirks and you roll your eyes.

"Anyway. What will we do when we get the stone? You know to get out?" Everyone shrugged at your question.

"Did no one think this through?" You ask looking at your friends.

"So, we're improvising this entire thing. Good to know." You Sigh. What will we face next?

(Two chapters in one day!!! I was just on a roll and was too excited to wait to put this one out. Forgive me.)