Chapter six - Slytherin dungeon

~Y/n pov~

After you getting to nervous and staying on the first level to attempt to find your dormitories. You got lost you run into a solid object, causing you to fall. As you pick yourself up, You quickly look up and see Professor Snape you bow your head before looking into his eyes.

"Sorry professor, I seemed to have gotten myself a tad bit lost." Snape looked as if he wanted to make a comment or snarky remark but couldn't. Like something about you put him off it.

"Follow me." He said in his monotone voice.

"Yes sir." He seemed to take a liking to you given there were no remarks. Something that was rumored about. Slytherin maybe really was the house for you. You tailed behind him fast enough to keep up with his stride but not enough to risk running into him again.

"Here, your room is furthest on the right." He says without looking at you. You feel bad for him, something makes everyone cold.

"Thank you, professor." You say before trotting off down the hall to your room which when you opened you saw two familiar faces. 

"Alli, Bay?" Bay perks up and smiles. Alli lightly ways to you.

"Glad to see friendly faces." You say a little more relieved.

"Same we were worried we'd get a muggle hating brat, or anyone who is with Malfoy." You sigh and nod at Bay's words and explain something.

"Well I hate to burst your bubble but Draco and I are family friends... sorta. I don't agree with his views he doesn't agree with mine, but we need to be "friends" for our families." You sigh again. Hoping the girls wouldn't hate you.

"Yikes. You have us to rant to though." Bay said. That fact helped you a bit.

"Yeah. But his father seems to be the one with these forced views. Maybe hanging with me could change his mind." You perked up. You have to try to be optimistic.

"I hope so." Alli mumbled.

"Anyway. Anything I should know before I move in?" You ask. Just basic boundaries but Alli shrugged.

"We're muggle born." Bay says quickly, all in one breath too.

"Bay!?" Alli panics. She must think I'd want to bully them for that. With being pushed around it must be hard on them. Always having to assume the worst.

"She was bound to find out!" Bay defends. You need to stop this.

"Calm down. I had suspicions and that doesn't matter. Blood status shouldn't define how much of a witch or wizard you are." You said breaking up the two. They smiled at your words.

"I like her." Bay said aloud more to Alli but just aloud none the less.

You smiled and told the two you wanted to talk to the prefect or one of them.

You knocked on the door and saw a guy peak his head out.

"Ello?" The boy says. He has shaggy brown hair and looks like a fun person to hang around. Opposite of Draco.

"Hi, I'm Y/n L/N. I just thought it best to get acquainted to the people around me." You say trying not to sound nervous.

"You're cheery." He states almost surprised sounding. You looked into his green eyes with confusion.

"Am I not suppose to be?" You ask with a smile.

"Most are scared." He says almost absent mindedly.

"Of you or the dungeon?" You ask your arms crossed. He laughed. Sass works here.

"Well our house hasn't had the best representation of kindness, people see us as evil." He growls evil. Even you get pissed off that its such an issue even the prefect knows it but can't do anything about it.

"Well then they should know better not to judge a book by its cover. Just cause You know who was a Slytherin, doesn't mean we all are. But there is evil in every house, no matter how they appear you have to look at the inside." You huff annoyed at the common misconception about your house.

"I like you. Smart and brave enough to say what you think." He smirks at you. Like he's proud to lead you for a while.

"Thanks. But I do want to change that whole "Slytherin is evil." It must offset first years to hear such false rumors." You say looking down. He nods in agreement.

"My names Joshua. Call me Josh." He says happily. You're happy to have shifted the mood. This place was gonna be good for you.

"Glad to meet you. I hope we become good friends." You say with your hand out. The boy walks fully out of his room and hugs you instead. You hug him back.

"Pleasure's mine." Josh says and you laugh. Good to know people like me at least. You think.

You walk back to the room. You look at all the items you have and see the clear bottle your sister gave you.  You hid it in your uniform that was laid on your bed. You couldn't let it be seen unless it was to be used. You look down and wonder what she was hiding.

You decided to write a letter to your parents

Dear mother and father,

I have set in quite nicely, I think I'm gonna love this place. If you're wondering what house I got in, I'm a Slytherin, so is Draco. How is Draco's family? I'm hoping everything is going smoothly while I'm away. I miss Kathy but can't wait to see her and you come winter break. How are you two doing?

I hope you can send a message back soon enough. Stormcatcher is doing her job beautifully. Hogwarts is huge. I'll never understand how you didn't get lost constantly. Good thing professor Snape helped me around. I kinda miss home. I miss you two most of all. As great as it has been, I just feel off about leaving you for so long.

Anyways, I hope to hear back soon.
Your daughter, Y/n.

You decide some sleep was in order. You close eyes for the night knowing tomorrow Stormcatcher would have your schedule and you'd be all good to go.