Chapter nine - Flying

~Y/n pov~

It's been a few weeks and everything seems to be going well, Draco was easing up a bit which was nice, considering you had to live with him.

Next class: Flying

You knew professor Hooch was teaching this class as you walked up, Bay with you. She seemed okay, bit nervous.

You see the old wooden broom sticks, you're a fan of the sport, but it seems too idiotic to actually play. Risk of injury is too high.

You look up and see the trio, then you see Draco. You've never wanted to punch his face more with how he talked about your friends the other day. Him and his dumb high horse. Ugh.

"Good afternoon class." The professor said walking through us all.

"Good afternoon madam Hooch." We all replied in unison. This class was going to be boring or stressful, things you didn't want.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well. What are you waiting for?" She said plainly but you could tell how long she's been doing this; she's seen all sorts.

"Everyone step up to the left side of their broom stick. Come on now, hurry up." She edged on.

"Stick your right hand over the broom and say 'up'." The class begins doing what she said. You get it on your first try and so does Harry. Making Hermione give you both jealous side glances. Bay has some trouble but quickly gets it moving. You see Draco has also got it on his first try and looks rather smug about it.

As most others struggle with this Madam Hooch says "With feel." Making them just talk louder.

That does however make Ron get his own broom stick to the face. Both you and Harry lightly laugh at the boy.

"Shut up, Y/n, Harry. The both of ya." Ron says with a light smile.

"Now, once you've gotten hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end." Her comment made you smile warmly at the memory of how your sister has pictures of her falling off the end on her first try.

"When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off the ground hard."

"Keep your brooms steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward slightly. Then touch back down." She continued. This was pretty natural to you as you did some practice with your sister a little while back.

"On my whistle: three, two," She blows the whistle and as I jump on easily, we all notice Neville Longbottom floating up and panicking.

"Mr. Longbottom." Madam Hooch says to get his attention. He was too panicked to notice.

"M-M- Mr. L-Longbottom!" Our professor repeated. You watched the boy soar off and then watched as Hooch got quite angry with him.

You were still hovering and quickly chased after him, hearing Hooch's calls after you too.

"Helpppp!" the boy screamed almost running into a wall until you slammed into him, just enough to redirect him.

"Neville, grab onto my hand and hop on my broom." You told him.

"I-I can't!" The boy cried in fear.

"Neville, you need to calm down in order to do this. Trust me." You said your arm outstretched trying to keep up with the rouge broom stick.

Just as he was calming down and was about to grab onto your hand, you two were headed straight for a building and you quickly pushed you both out of the way but, into the line of a statue. You quickly maneuvered it but it appeared that Neville wasn't so successful. You see him fall from the statue only to be caught on something else before he falls to the ground with a thud and a groan. You sigh knowing you were too far away after the dodged to swoop in and get him you land behind everyone on the grass.