Chapter fourteen - A Game Of Wizards Chess

~Y/n pov~

Within the next few weeks of classes and breaks it was nearly Christmas. You unfortunately were given detention for running off into the forbidden forests, someone had told Dumbledore, but at least you'd have it with Harry, Ron and Draco. With Christmas here, you had to make a decision, Hogwarts or Malfoys.

"Y/n?" You turn and see Draco run up to you.

"What is it Draco?" You ask worried knowing he normally doesn't run down halls to talk to you.

"So, are staying here or coming with me this Christmas?" The boy asks excitedly.

"Honestly, I think I'll stay here, I don't wanna intrude on your family." You tell him, not to mention Lucius Malfoy puzzles you.

"Nonsense, besides father said you should really come. He wants to get to know you better." Draco pointed out. You look at the boy in thought, maybe you could see why his father is so feared.

"When do I have to leave?" You sigh.

"About three nights, with all the snow he said he won't make it at Christmas, but the day after. We'll still get to spend some time together."

"Hey, at least we have our friends here." I joke.

"Well you do." He sighs. You sigh maybe if you didn't backtalk and push everyone around, you'd have more. You sarcastically think.

"Draco, you have me." You elbow him lightly.

"Well if you say so." He fake laughs.

You hug the boy and you can feel him being uncomfortable.

"I'll meet you in the common room later tonight. First I have to say goodbye to a few friends." You say running down the halls, to which Draco nods in return.

You run and see Bay and Alli near the front doors waiting.

"Bay! Alli!" You yell as you run up and hug the two girls.

"I'll miss ya. Don't have to much fun without me." You know they'd have their loving families to not feel alone.

"Of course. We'll see you sooner then ya think Y/n." Bay said hugging you lightly.

"I'll miss ya, but we'll see ya again before long." Alli whispered blushing.

"Okay, well looks like your ride is here. I'll miss you two... here." You smile giving the two girls purple boxes. They thank you and smile wiping their eyes.

"Bye and Happy Christmas Y/n." They both shout walking outside.

You go into the Great hall and see Hermione walking up to Ron and Harry, you doing the same.

"Knight to E5." Harry says. Looks like some magical chess board him and Ron are playing. Ron looks around and then grins.

"Queen to E5." The queen lifts her chair and destroys the knight.

"That's totally barbaric." Hermione comments.

"That's wizards chess." Ron says. This is a chess board! Ron smirks at Harrys worried expression. Looks like Harry might lose this one to Ron.

"I see you've packed." Ron says looking at Hermione's things.

"I see you haven't." She looks at the ginger boy.

"Change of plans. My parents decided to go to Romania, to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying Dragons there." Ron explains

"Good. You can help Harry then; he's going to look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel." Hermione says.