Chapter 13: The Stray

Sorry about the updates from random chapters. I have been fixing grammer mistakes and other stuff from the chapters (nothing major). I apoligize for not writing as much. Finals are coming up, I am going to In-Services for work and I have summer school, but I am making up for it! Hope you enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Vytal Festival is approaching. It's held every two years! I am so excited! The Vytal Festival is a three day international festival where teams from different schools compete in a kingdom that hosts the event. There are also dances and parades. The purpose of the Vytal Festival was to celebrate the different cultures of Remnant. I am currently in History class taught by Professor Oobleck, learning about the History of the Vytal Festival.

"The Vytal Festival was inaugurated following the end of the Great War, a destructive conflict taking place almost eighty years ago. Questions of individuality and self-expression were prominent reasons as to why the war was fought between the four kingdoms. Named after Vytal, a small island north of Vale where the treaty was signed, the Vytal Festival was created with the purpose of celebrating the diversity of the cultures of Remnant." Oobleck lectured. "Can anyone tell me about the competition?" Oobleck asked us. Thulian raised his hand. Oobleck acknowledged and asked Thulian to explain.

" The combat tournament is a major part of the Vytal Festival. It's where students from the numerous Huntsman academies compete" Thulian explained. "Correct, excellent explanation Mr. Diala. Symbolically, the tournament battles represent a reminder to always strive for excellence and never mediocrity. This year, which is the 39th Vytal Festival, will be held in Mistral. The main school there is Haven Academy" Oobleck replied.

After Oobleck going about the history of Mistral and Haven Academy, the bell rang and everyone left the classroom. We then went to the dueling club moderated by Glynda Goodwitch.

"Welcome again students to another day of training for the Vytal Festival. The next pairing that will practice is Thulian Diala and Taiyang Xiaolong. This round will be without weapons" Profressor Goodwitch spoke. The two boys got up and headed to the stage.

"So Thulian, you ready for this?" Tai inquired, getting into his battle stance. "I am. The real question is are you?" Thuilian retorts getting into his own stance. "On your marks. Get set. GO!" Glynda exclaimed. Tai then started sprinting towards Thulian. Tai was about to land a punch on him when Thulian quickly moved slightly to the left and landed an uppercut on Tai's jaw sending him up in the air then onto the ground.

They landed punches and kicks on each other. They were both low on their aura. Thulian has slightly more than Tai. Tai had already used up his semblance but Thulian hasn't used his yet. "Had enough Diala?" Tai asked, taking a minute to get up from the ground. "No. I'm just getting started" Thulian spoke. He then used his hands and arms to make the ninja hand sign 'Tiger' and a yellow glow enveloped him. He then went into his fighting stance again. "Uh, what's that?" Tai asked.

"That's Thulian's Semblance. He calls it Tranquility. He almost has a shield so he takes no damage no matter how strong it is. But it's temporary" Peridot replied. "Well, that's inconvenient" Tai joked. Just as Tai was about to come up with a plan, the bell rang. "Nice work students. We will be using our weapons again next week, but for right now it will be hand to hand combat. Make sure to save up for energy in case you are chosen tomorrow. Have a good day students" Glynda exclaimed.

Team PRDT and team STRQ walked into the cafeteria to grab something to eat. We all sat down and ate our snacks and talked about classes. Just then, we heard a voice coming from a couple tables behind us. "I'm telling you. The faunus who are a part of the White Fang cannot be trusted! The White Fang is probably going to end up as some communistic group trying to take over the world or something" the male voice spoke. Ray got up and stomped over to the male sitting down. She then slammed her hands right next to him on the table and glared at him. "The White Fang just wants peace between the faunus and humans. The White Fang started because of people like you and your idiocy. You are the reason the White Fang exists! If the White Fang needs to do something radical, they will come after you first, unless people like you grow a pair and stop discriminating us! We have done nothing wrong! We are just different and there is nothing wrong with being different!" Ray exclaimed.

Tears started forming on her face as she took her hands off the table and started walking back to the table. The male was shocked. One of his friends stood up, grabbed Ray by the shoulder, turned her around and smacked her using the back of his hand. "Who makes you think you can talk to us like that! Filthy Faunus!" He voiced. I then used my semblance and appeared infront of Ray and smacked him back. "What the hell was that for?!?" The male exclaimed. "That was for slapping my friend" I spoke. Peridot got up and started walking towards me. I then punched him in the stomach. He grunted and wrapped his arms around his stomach. "And that was for being a total idiot" I continued. Peridot stopped walking. I the turned around to escort Ray back to the table. "You'll pay for that Rose!" The male exclaimed as he was about to punch me from behind. I turned around and Peridot was there, holding the male's arm in place. "You mess with one teammate, you mess with the entire team. Plus, striking someone from being is showing signs of a coward" Peridot spoke.

He then let go and we all walked back to the table. The male waked back to his table and sat down in defeat. The male who spoke earlier had the same look. By then all eyes in the cafeteria were on us. We then heard the doors of the cafeteria slam open and Glynda walk through. "Ray Nofel!" Glynda exclaimed. Ray then stood up. "Follow me to Professor Ozpin's office. Now!" Glynda voiced. Ray then got up and followed Glynda out of the cafeteria. Glynda used her magic and slammed the doors behind her. "I hope she isn't in trouble" I began. "She didn't do anyth-" "She had her right to defend Dove. She will be fine. She did nothing wrong" Thulian interrupted.

After our last class of the day we headed back to our dorms. We haven't seen Ray since the cafeteria incident. I hope she is okay. Our team then heard a knock on the door. I opened it up so see Summer. "Is Ray back yet?" my sister asked. I shook my head. Summer then hugged me. "I'll be okay sis! I just know it!" She cheered. She then broke from the hug. '"If you need anything, just let us know!" She said. She then waved her hand goodbye and headed back to her dorm. I then closed the door and laid on the ground relaxing.

After an hour later after Summer came, I heard another knock on the door. This time Peridot answered the door and stepped to the side. As soon as Ray walked in Thulian and I jumped up. Everyone went and enveloped her in a hug. "Thanks guys. I needed that" Ray spoke. We broke away and asked her what happened in Ozpin's office.

"Nothing bad happened. He knew what happened in the cafeteria. The student who reported gave no details on it so he asked my side of the story. He told me about how there will be people who disagree with the White Fang and there are people who will support them. I just need to be more careful when picking my battles. He also commended you guys for helping me out. Then we just talked about random things" Ray explained.

I guess sometimes everything turns out like we hope. I just hope Ray is more careful, especially when her team isn't there with her.

I just don't want my friends getting hurt.