Chapter 2: The Shining Beacon

This chapter begins with a time skip to the day she leaves for Beacon Academy. They did a time skip in RWBY so I decided to do a similar one here. Hope you enjoy!

________________________________________________

I had all of my stuff packed and ready for the trip to Beacon Academy, I still cannot believe I got accepted and moved ahead two years! I waked into the bathroom and made sure I looked ready. I brushed my black hair with white tips again and I straightened out my outfit. The ship arrives to the station in two hours, so I had time to walk there and check in. Summer wanted to meet me there so she could say her final goodbyes to everyone. She was so happy about my acceptance and turned it into a big accomplishment. I honestly was scared, scared that people were going to treat me different because of my age. Well, at least I will have Winter Edge and Summer with me.

I grabbed my bag, my weapon and everything else I needed and headed out the door. After about forty-five minutes I made it to the station. I checked in and a man in a armored suit, who I'm guessing was one of the atlas officers operating the ship, took my bag and weapon and placed it in a safe compartment. As I was about to board the ship I felt someone wrap their arms around me and squeeze me into a tight hug. "Don't forget about me sister" a familiar voice spoke. "I would never, I was just going to wait for you inside" I replied back to Summer. She let go of me and we both boarded the ship and within a few seconds the entrance door closed and we took off. 

"Oh I am so happy my little sister gets to go to Beacon with me! This is so exciting!" Summer exclaimed. "I am too, I am just scared that people are going to judge me by my age, I mean, I went ahead by two years and I didn't even get to bring one of my friends" I stated. "Oh you'll be fine! You'll make new friends and be amazing in class! You'll be the bees knees as one of my friends say it!" Summer replied. "But I don't want to be the bees knees okay, I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees" I retorted. Just as Summer was about to reply, the hologram system turned on and a pillow-sided version of the woman I saw during the battle with the Grimm appeared before us. Glynda Goodwitch, was it? "Welcome students to Beacon Academy"  Miss. Goodwitch spoke. "Who is that?" Summer asked. "My name is Glynda Goodwhitch" "Oh" "As you may know, the entrance exam was very rigorous and this school was a challenge to apply and be accepted into. In this case, I wanted to congratulate all of you in making this far. Please continue to be your very best and strive to be better hunters and huntresses. As soon and you depart the plane, you will head to the assembly hell where the Headmaster will give his speech. Thank you, and good luck" Glynda said. As soon as Glynda finished her speech the hologram system shut off and the holographic figure disappeared. "Now approaching Beacon Academy" The sound system echoed. As soon as that was heard everyone went toward the windows to see the magnificent view. As Summer and I approached the window, I couldn't believe my eyes! The view was beautiful! I could see Signal from here! "Wow, the view is so beautiful!" Summer exclaimed. "You have been strangely enthusiastic lately, are you okay?" I asked my sister. "I'm just so happy for you, but yeah, I should tone it down a bit" she spoke, only with a quieter tone. 

The ship landed and the door opened and everyone hopped out and grabbed their belongings. Summer noticed a couple of her friends and decided to head off and wanted to meet me at the hall. As I started walking over there I bumped into someone and I fell on my butt. "Watch where you're going!" Someone yelled. I looked up and saw male with short sea-green hair to go along with his sea-foam jacket and sea-green tank-top. He wore black jeans and wore black shoes. His face softened and extended a hand for me. I grabbed his hand and he lifted me up. "Sorry about that, I am such a clumsy person" I spoke. "It's okay, I'm sorry for yelling, I'm just really frustrated" "What's wrong?" "I can't find my older brother Malachi, he said he would meet me when I landed" "He is probably at the assembly hall, do you want me to walk with you?" "Sure, thanks" He replied. "Dove" I said. "What?" He questioned. "Dove, that's my name. Yours?" "Oh! Peridot" "I'ts nice to meet you" "Same, but don't bump into me too often" "It was an accident!" "I know, I'm just messing with you, but I won't let that go."

We walked over to the assembly hall and I saw Summer wave her hand at me. Next to her was a male that looked similar to Peridot but instead of sea green hair it was jungle green locks and a long-sleeve shirt of the same color and dark grey sweatpants. "Malachi! Where were you?" Peridot exclaimed. "I was where I said I was." "You said you would meet me when I landed." "Yes I did, I said when, not a specific where, I didn't tell you where I would meet you, did I?" "No, I guess not." "Don't get so worked up. At least a cute girl helped you out." "Oh my god Malachi, I can't believe you" the brothers bickered. Malachi grabbed his younger brother and I thought they were going to have a brawl but he gave Peridot...a noogie? They brushed everything off like it was nothing and walked into the assembly hall. Summer walked up to me and nudged my shoulder with her elbow and raised her eyebrows. "Oh Summer, what am I going to do with you?" "Love me like the amazing older sister that I am" she retorts as she grabs my hand and we walk into the assembly hall.

Hundreds of students appeared as we walked into the assembly hall. As I looked up at the stage Glynda Goodwitch stood before us with a microphone on a silver stand. "Students, please quiet yourselves. We would like to welcome Professor Ozpin to say a few words" the huntress stated. After she said those words she stepped to the side and Professor Ozpin stepped up to the stage, pushing up his glasses farther up the rim of his nose and spoke.

_______________________________________________

Cliffhanger! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Peridot is considered Weiss but nicer. Overall the team is going to be nice and friendly, it's another team Dove might have to worry about. Until next chapter!

P.S. Yes, Peridot and Malachi were named after the gems. And no, it did not come from Steven Universe. I just wanted something different.