sneaking out

song of the day; you wanna know by don broco

[a/n this story is gonna be hella rad and i hope you guys like it also tess on the side>>>]

unedited

t e s s

i sat by my window, helplessly thinking of something i could do on this freezing cold sunday morning. i lazily tied up my hair in a messy ponytail when my phone dinged from my bed. i sighed and got up from my bay window seat. i stumbled over and plopped on my bed. i unlocked my phone and realized my best friend had texted me, michael.

from: michael

11:54am

my place. now.

i furrowed my eyebrows but obeyed him.

to: michael

from: tess

11:54am

on my way, mikey poop (;

i slipped on my dark red docs over my ripped leggings, slid my phone in the back of my shorts pocket and slammed the door behind me before locking it. i didn't bother telling my mom where i was going because she really wouldn't give one fuck.

i reached the end of the stairs and walked past the living room entrance, "where are you going?" my step-brother, nathan asked. his eyes glued to the tv screen. "to michael's." i answered. i saw him roll his eyes out of the corner of mine. "okay, when will you be back?" he asked, a tad of disappointment in his voice. "in a couple hours." with that, i slam the door. "bye tessy!" i heard his faint voice from outside the door. "bye nathan." i said, needless to say he wouldn't hear me at all.

i exhaled and walked down the pathway, the sounds of the wind grazed across my ears. it sent shivers down my spine, but i kind of liked it. i've always liked winter. i arrived at michael's door, puffing and panting from the stairs i had just marched up. the apartment door swung open before i could knock, startling me. 

michael dragged me in rushingly, grasping my wrist tightly, but it didn't hurt.

"why the rush?" i asked, michael led me into his living room. i was greeted by luke, ashton, calum, darcy and shannyn. "oh, hey guys." i said happily.

emily appeared behind me with her handbag around her arm. "what's going on now- oh, you're here." she referred to me, she had never really liked me. "nice to see you too." i rolled my eyes, sarcasm clearly in my voice.

i hear michael huff. "will you guys come with me?" michael blurts out loudly, we all had the same looks on our faces.

calum decided to break short silence. "where?"

he stuffed his hands in the black hoodie that hung below his waist, "to nowhere."

we understanded what he meant. he wanted us to run away with him, which was a remarkable question and i loved the sound of that.

"i can't afford living in this apartment, i can't keep working three jobs and still not afford it. all we ever do together is rant and rave on about how much our lives suck. so we can all start over. i hate this place, and we need more fun in our lives. so i'm thinking i ditch this lame ass apartment and we can all travel random places together, you guys in?" michael explains.

"cool with me." luke smiles sweetly.

"me too." calum raises his hand.

"yeah, i'll do it." ashton says, dimples digging in his cheeks.