Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Waking up the next morning, I walk out to the kitchen looking for coffee. Walking in, I see Creeper sitting there with his own and a couple of guys milling about. I go to get a cup and Hank gets one down for me and pours me a cup. "Thanks Hank." I say as he hands me the cup. I take a seat next to Creeper and he says "Morning Luna." I smile and say "Morning Creeper." I look up to see my brother and Bishop walk in. "Guys, we need to head out. Creeper, you good to change your bandages?" Bishop asks. "You guys go ahead. I got him." I tell them and Riz asks "You sure?" I nod. Gilly speaks up and says "She was a nurse once upon a time." They all look at me and I nod. "Not the first time I've had to take care of a bullet wound. Isn't that right Gil?" I ask and he looks down at his shoes. "Seriously?" Bishop asks. "He was fifteen at the time. Figured becoming a nurse was the best thing to do if he was going to be stupid." I tell them and they laugh. "See you two later." Hank says before they all walk out. Gilly walks over and kisses my cheek and says "Call me if you need me." I nod and say "Be safe." He nod before walking away and I hear Angel say "How is she single?" I just shake my head.

After coffee I look at Creeper and ask "Come on. I have my medical bag in my dorm." I tell him and he follows me. Walking into my dorm, I close the door and tell him to sit on the bed. He does as I ask and I get my bag. I help him take off his sling and his tank top and notice how tone he is. I concentrate on what I'm doing and slowly take the bandage off. I clean the wound and put on a clean bandage before helping him get his tank top back on and his sling. We walk back out to the main room, still barely saying anything. He heads to a table and Chucky walks out with two plates. Sitting them both on the table, I follow him over and he says "I'll be back with your juice." I nod and take my seat next to Creeper. "Thanks for this." He says as he points to his shoulder. "No problem. Feels good feeling useful again." I tell him. "You didn't before?" he asks. "It's not that. Just, after my husband died, I just gave up for a while. Refused to move forward and just didn't want to be here anymore." I tell him. "I get it. But you gotta live your life. I know if it were me, I wouldn't want you sitting back giving up. I would want you out there living life, finding love again, being happy." he tells me. I look at him and smile softly. "That's the plan." I tell him. "You know, I didn't even take my wedding rings off until I made it to the hotel the other night? I decided that if I'm starting a new life, it's time to leave the old one behind." I tell him. "That's good though. Means you're ready to move forward." he says. About that time, the guys come in and Bishop says "Templo brother." Creeper stands and goes to grab his plate and I say "I got it. Go." He kisses my cheek and says "Thanks again Princess." before walking into Templo.

After they get done with their meeting, Gilly walks over and says "Let's talk." My brother and I have never kept things from each other and we weren't starting now. We walk out to one of the picnic tables and Bishop and Taza walk over with him. "We were talking and I know you don't have your license here but we need someone we can count on incase someone gets hurt." he tells me. I look at Bishop and say "I was a surgical nurse. I can do patchups and maybe pul bullets but after that, I'm limited." I tell him. "That's good enough for me. But we need you to know, it is completely up to you if you help us but what you see here stays here." Bishop says. "Gilly and I have always had full disclosure and we have always had the agreement that we don't see shit, don't hear shit, don't know shit." I tell him. "Would you be okay helping us out?" Taza asks. "Of course. You're giving me a place to stay and a job. I got your back just like you have mine." I tell them and they smile. "Thanks Sweetheart." Bishop says. They walk away and Gilly asks "Something going on with you and Creeper?" I look at him and see him smiling. "Nothing like that. It's just been nice to talk to and he's been nice." I tell him. "You know if you want to move on, he's a good guy. Loyal, protective, you can trust him." he tells me. "Gil, I just got here. But I will keep an open mind." I tell him. "That's all I ask. You don't need to stay closed off. Being with someone else doesn't mean you forgot about Travis. He would want you to move on and be happy." he tells me. "That's what Creeper said too. That I need to move on and be happy." I say. "You talked to him about Travis?" he asks. "A little." I say. "Good. We gotta head out for a bit. You gonna be okay here?" he asks. "Yeah. Chucky and Creeper are here. I'm good." I tell him. The guys come out to head out and I tell them all "Be safe." They all nod before pull away from the clubhouse. I walk inside and see Creeper sitting on one of the couches and when he sees me he pats the seat next to him. I walk over, sit down and he asks "You okay Princess?" I smile softly and say "Getting there."