Chapter 2

------------------------------

June 25th, X299

-----------------------------

Claudia waited anxiously for her husband to come home from work. Her heart beat fast and wildly in her chest as she practiced the big news she is going to announce to her husband for the 50th time that day. Grandeeney messaged her shoulders to ease her tension and get her to relax, but Claudia seems to be doing the exact opposite.

Grandeeney sighed and held her friends hands firmly to get her attention. Claudia looked at her worriedly, her lips tugged into a frown as she gazed into Grandeeney's eyes. Grandeeney smiled before pulling Claudia into a hug, to which she almost immediately returned.

"It's going to be fine Claudia, he will be overjoyed to hear the news. I don't know why you are so concerned. He loves you with all his heart, you know that. I'm positive that he will accept the new change that is going to occur in both your lives with open arms."

Claudia melted into her hug as she listened to her friend's advice. Deep down she knows that what her friend says is true, but for some reason her mind refused to believe that. She stared over Grandeeney's shoulder at the photo frame that hung on the baby blue wall. It was the photo of Nazar's proposal to her. He was kneeling down on one knee with a hand holding hers and the other holding a velvet box with a beautiful platinum ring inside. His eyes held so much love and promise that her eyed started to water just by thinking back to the day he proposed to her.

"I know Grandeeney, but this is a big change for both of us. What if we are not ready for the challenge? What if he doesn't want kids now? What if we are really bad parents that our child start to hate us?"

"Then you will figure the solution together and you two will be great parents. If you need any help along the way, well Igneel and I are more than happy to lend a hand. So you see? You have nothing to worry about."

Claudia burst into tears as she hugged her friend tighter, sobbing into her shoulder. Grandeeney drew slow circles on her back in attempt to calm her down. Eventually, she gave up trying to calm her down and instead opted to ride it out with her, letting her cry her emotions that she kept bottled up inside. She stroked her head softly when she heard the door open and footsteps enter the hallway. Grandeeney pulled back and dried a few of her tears that slide over her cheeks. When she was sure that her friend has calmed down and fine, she got up from the bed and made her way to the door. Giving her friend one last hug of reassurance and encouragement, she went out the bedroom door. She greeted Nazar, who greeted her back warmly and asked her the whereabouts of his wife. She gave him a smile before guiding him to the bedroom and leaving with a soft goodbye.

She had just crossed the street when she heard Nazar shout for joy for the whole neighborhood to hear. She smiled to herself as she continued on her path, glancing back to get a glimpse of Nazar spinning Claudia around. She looked smugly at the sky with her hands tied neatly behind her back, as if to say 'I told you so.'

Word Count: 574