Chapter 1

Hey guys, Celestial Dragon here. The plot of this story hit me as one day and I just had to write it! I hope you enjoy! PS. I made up the names of Natsu and Zeref's parents as it was not mentioned in the manga. Celestial Dragon out.

***

------------------------------

August 13th, X298

------------------------------

"Do you Nazar Marshal Dragneel take this woman as your lawfully wedded wife?"

The pink haired man stared into the beautiful dark eyes of his soon to be wife. She gave him a small smile, her eyes oozed with love for him. She looked so beautiful in that white wedding dress that he almost mistook her as the goddess of beauty. Without hesitating, he spoke his answer with such confidence and sincerity that tears started glistering in her eyes, still staring at his with so much passion that his heart almost burst out of his chest.

"I do."

He smiled back at her as she gave him a watery smile in return. He moved one of his hands away from her grasp to push away a strand of dark hair that came loose from her hairdo. He cupped her cheek while he stroked her soft skin with his thumb.

"Do you Claudia Barbara Trevis take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

She placed her right hand on top of his that rested on her cheek while she gripped his other hand tightly with her own. She was overwhelmed with happiness at this point because in a few minutes she will be Mrs. Dragneel, her heart and soul forever bonded with her one true love. A tear ran down her cheek and he gently wiped it away with his thumb. He gave her a reassuring smile as his grip on her hand tightened a little to let her know that it's alright, that he understands. She chokes back a sob as she replies with a bright grin on her face, despite the tears that are about to roll down her cheeks of sheer happiness.

"I do."

"Then I now pronounce you as husband and wife, you may now kiss-"

The priest didn't get to finish his sentence as Nazar had already swept Claudia off her feet and kissed her passionately. She held onto his neck for support as the crowd went wild, hooting and cheering for the new married couple. The couple parted, beaming widely at each other as they went for another kiss before getting interrupted by Grandeeney, the maid of honor, dragging the bride away from him. He grumbled as he watched her drag his wife away from him and to a small group of ladies who showered her with compliments.

The best man Igneel snickered at his unhappy best friend who scowled back at him in response. Igneel gave him a broad smile patted his shoulder, before his eyes traced the crowd to find his wife who was jumping up and down with the bride. Nazar watched as his wife and his best friend's wife jumped up and down with excitement before turning to look at Igneel with a smirk on his face.

"Grandeeney is the same as ever I see."

Igneel laughed and stared lovingly after his wife. As if sensing his gaze on her, she turns around to meet his eyes. She waves at him with a smile on her face and a small blush covering her cheeks.

"Yes, and I see that Claudia is still as bubbly as ever."

Nazar snorts at Igneel's comment as he shifts his eyes from his wife to Igneel again. They both exchanged knowing looks before making their way to the food table.

"I bet you will get Claudia pregnant by next year."

Nazar spit out the wine he was drinking, looking wide eyed at his red haired friend with a strawberry blush coating his cheeks. Igneel raised an eyebrow at his reaction, amused at his attempts to come up with a answer or a comeback.

"I-i don't- why would you- I-i mean not that I don't want children..."

The red haired man burst into laughter at the stuttering mess of his best friend, unable to contain it inside any longer. Nazar looked very uncomfortable and embarrassed as on lookers turned towards them to find the best man rolling on the floor with tears coming out of his eyes. Of all the things to be nervous about, Nazar is nervous for his honeymoon. We're talking about the same guy who didn't care who was watching when he ran around butt naked around their collage dorm shouting about how much he loved chickens because of a dare.

The memory made Igneel laugh harder as he rolled around the floor, unaware and uncaring of the crowd that looked at him with confusion as to what is happening. Nazar slapped his hand to his forehead, shaking his head at the behaviour of his friend, before joining him with his laughter. Igneel's laughter was contagious as it seems because soon everyone joined in, howling with laughter.

Claudia watched from the middle of the room with her hand covering her mouth as she giggled along with everyone else. Her eyes stayed glued on her husband as he and Igneel rolled and howled with laughter on the floor. She watched fondly as her husband playfully hit Igneel on his shoulder as he whispered something in his ear, before bursting out laughing again. Yes, this is her home and she would never trade it for the world.

***

Word Count: 882