T H I R T Y - F O U R / FATE

F O U R MONTHS LATER

"One more push Azure, you got it!" Lacey coached her daughter, their hands tightly intertwined as Azure squeezed her mom's hand.

Her forehead was covered in droplets of sweat, as she took the quick breaths the doctors instructed her to do between each push. She didn't like the feeling one bit, because it felt like her daughter was ripping her apart.

She glanced over to Nico, an unsure look plastered on her face because at that point she just wanted to give up and keep the baby inside of her.

"You got it baby, she's almost out." Nico assured her.

He was nervous as hell, but he didn't want to show that side and scare Azure even more. Shit, it was his first child too and he didn't know what to do but hold on as she squeezed his hand and he damn near wanted to squeeze back.

Azure pushed once more, just to feel the pressure release and to hear the sound of crying moments later. She took a breath, relieved, her eyes barely open as she fought the urge to fall asleep right there. With such a small frame, pushing out the seven pound baby was a workout and she was exhausted. However she looked up anxiously, watching as Nico cut the umbilical cord and the the doctors preparing to bring the baby to her.

Nervous wasn't the word. Azure spent the last few months wrecking her brain on motherhood, something she still wasn't sure she wanted to do but now had no choice. In the mirror she still was the shy painter, the girl who would never part with her oversized hoodies or backpack full of art supplies, as she stumbled quickly through the halls of her university.

A year later, she was weeks away from graduating, with a new born baby girl. Life was definitely crazy, but she wouldn't give up her journey with Nico for anything. She secretly thanked Kelz for sending her that text that morning, because if she had to be honest he was the start of it all. And he had given her the best gift of all, a new life.

"There she issss" Lacey cooed as they placed the baby in Azure's arms.

She was perfect.

"So, what's her name?" The Doctor asked smiling over her.

Azure glanced up at Nico, and then back down at the bundle in her arms, "Fate Sabrina Graham."

Nico beamed, because he didn't even know she wanted to use his mothers name, however it meant a lot that she thought about the gesture.

"Aw Azure that's beautiful" Lacey kissed her daughter on the forehead, "She would be in love with her."

They all stared at Fate, as her curious eyes just looked back at Azure. After a little private time, the couple allowed the rest of their family and friends to come into the room and welcome baby Fate into the world with prayers, flowers, balloons and so much more.

Nico didn't leave her side, and anyone with eyes could see how in love he was with his daughter as he barely put her down.

"I'm proud of you son" Big Muh said as he hovered over his son, "Sabrina would be too."

"Yeah bro, I ain't gonna lie you got this love thing looking pretty interesting." Ron laughed.

He had a little thing for a shawty currently, and his brother had motivated him to possibly settle down too.

"This guy" Nico chuckled, gesturing towards his brother, "Thanks pop."

"Okay, let me hold my niece now Nico. She can't only know you" Armani said after waiting for her turn to hold the baby. She was the most excited probably, because she had predicted it was a girl from the very beginning.

Nico playfully rolled his eyes at his sister, next putting the baby in her arms. Armani immediately fell in love with the small infant, her straight dark hair long and silky as it laid perfectly across her forehead. She batted her eyes at Armani, and Justin cooed over top of her. Azure laughed as she watched her two friends faun over Fate, as they made baby talk and funny faces.

"You cool babe?" Nico asked, glancing over to Azure who looked tired as hell. She had a faint smile on her face, however she needed a much needed nap. However she didn't want to miss any moments.
"Yeah" she said in a tired voice.

"Get some sleep, we'll be here when you wake up" he assured her.

Azure nodded, taking one last look at Fate before she dozed off immediately.