S E V E N T E E N / MOVING ON

"I paid the entry fee yesterday, and it's in May. Yeah, I'm ready to take on another competition." Azure balanced her phone on her shoulder while she listened to her mom respond to her, as she entered her apartment.

As usual, Shar and her friends had invaded the living room, staring at her as she sat a few of her groceries down on the island.

"I'm going to try something different this time" she continued on the phone, "My friend has been sending me inspiration pictures."

"I have to meet this friend." her mom responded.

Azure blushed, "One day" she lied, knowing it would never go down based off of the conditions of their relationship, "But I'll call you later mom, I have to start this paper."

The two said their goodbyes, and Azure placed her phone down.

Once she finally acknowledged Shar and her girls, she could see that one of her friends had been crying and they were all sitting around consoling her. She would usually wonder what's wrong, but they had grown so rude to her over time she simply didn't care.

"Girl, fuck his stupid ass" Shar told Diamond, "That bitch probably busted anyway."

"I just can't believe I dealt with him for that long and he does me like this. I swear, I'm going to fuck up whoever that bitch is"

Azure was interested into the conversation now, pretending to not listen as she prepared herself a fruit salad from her groceries.

"Can you quiet down?" Diamond snapped at Azure.

Azure chuckled underneath her breath, causing the girl to grow angry. Diamond rolled her eyes, deciding to ignore the girl until she spotted the familiar jacket that Azure wore. It wasn't a sports jacket you could just buy at any store, as it was custom made with a very particular person's initials on them.

Arising from the couch, she approached the island.

"Where did you get that jacket?" She scolded Azure.

Azure glanced at the jacket, and then back up at Diamond, "....why?"

"I just know it's not yours, so whose is it" Diamond said, fishing.

"It's mine, believe it or not." Azure smiled.

Technically it wasn't, but Nico had given it to her to have after he got a better one customized and Azure happily accepted it. It still smelled of vanilla and baby powder, and once Diamond got a whiff of the scent she was now sure of whose jacket it was.

Azure ignored the girl, next pulling out her laptop from her bag and sitting it down. Seeing the pink cover, Diamond immediately lost it.

"Bitch, are you fucking Nico!?" She spat, now fully aware of what she was seeing.

Her friends in the background were now fully into the conversation, dying to know the answer.

Azure scrunched her eyebrows at Diamond, "How do you know Nico?"

"That's my man, you hoe!"

For a minute Azure didn't know what to say, because she was shocked to know that she happened to know one of Nico's 'friends' as he called it. And by the looks of it, she believed that the two were much more as her tear stained face burned a hole through Azure. Azure was definitely pissed, but she learned to not give her roommate and her friends any grief off of her back.

"And what do you call your friend?" She asked, looking over at Shar, "And besides, by the way you're looking you sure that's your man?"

She had to admit even she was surprised at her comeback, but she was tired of being bullied, and over being treated badly in her own apartment. As far as she was concerned, the last weeks of the semester were counting down and she wouldn't have to see Shar ever again in her life.