The bolt of energy ripped through Alex's robe and burned into his back before dissipating.  "What the hell was that?" He managed to say as he fell to the floor. 

"ALEX!" Thomas cried out rushing to his side. "Alex talk to me, please I'm so sorry I don't know what happened, I just picked up the blade and then the light, I'm so sorry!" He looked at the wound and gasped. It had torn through Alex's back, blood was seeping into his robe top from his wound staining the white robe crimson. 

"Get to the lab..." Alex mumbled out weakly. 

"No, I'm not leaving you!" Thomas replied, his eyes watering. 

Alex lifted his stubby hand forward towards the corridor. "Potion, beside golems. Sparkles!" 

Nodding his head, Thomas sprinted towards the lab his eyes wide in terror. I somehow fired a blast that might have killed Alex! He thought as he turned the corridor leading to the alchemy room his heart racing. Running down the pathway with almost inhuman speed, he jumped over the trip wire and turned left searching desperately for the golem jar. Where is it, where is it! He thought, shoving bottles and containers out of the way. A bright lit bottle that seemed to shimmer as his eyes passed over it caught his attention. "That one!" He cried out as he grabbed it, before starting back down the hall jumping back over the wire again as he raced to Alex in hopes of saving his life. How did I do that? I don't have magic! He thought as he ran down the corridor. A thought froze him dead in his tracks. That bolt of light looked like the one that killed the spy! The image of the small green ball of light. Did I have the same power as that Cantorian? He wondered as he looked down at the bottle. 

Shaking his head, Thomas resumed his sprint towards the training room. Seeing Alex's body laying limp sent a shiver down his spine. Slowing to a halt before kneeling down beside Alex. Thomas checked for a pulse, It was weak, but it was still there. "I brought it, I got your healing potion! Don't be dead, please don't be dead!" He unstopped the bottle tossing the cork over his shoulder before propping Alex up on his side. "Just take a nice long drink of this, and you'll be fine!" 

Pouring some of the sparkling liquid into Alex's mouth, he watched in horror as nothing happened. Pouring more in, the liquid dribbled passed his lips, then down his cheek towards the floor. "No, no no no!" Thomas whimpered out, rolling Alex onto his back. Ignoring the pain that he just forced on Alex before pouring all but the last bit of liquid into Alex's mouth reserving the last few drops for one last chance. "Come on, swallow damn it!" Thomas cried out rubbing his fingers against Alex's throat. "Please!" A weak cough followed by the sound of gagging made Thomas's stomach flip until Alex spit all the remaining liquid out as he gagged in agony. 

"NO!" He screamed out as the sparkling liquid soaked into the earth beside him. Looking at the last few drops of the liquid in the vial he tipped it back into his own mouth and forced his lips to Alex's before letting the liquid dribble down out of his mouth into Alex's. Breathing out he pushed air into Alex, making sure the liquid went down.  Thomas heard a swallowing sound and relief washed over him. Pulling back, he looked down and saw Alex's eyes open.

"If I knew..." Alex tried, but Thomas covered his lips trying to silence him. 

"Don't speak. You need to let the potion take effect..." 

Alex slowly lifted his arm, pulling Thomas's hand away from his lips, beckoning for him to come closer. Thomas begrudgingly brought his head next to Alex's lips and waited, his eyes watering. "Best... Kiss... Of my... life..." His voice faded until his raspy breath was no longer audible. 

looking over at Alex's face, Thomas saw a big grin on his face even though his eyes were closed. "No, no no!" Thomas choked out as he tried to find a pulse. Beginning CPR, Thomas began pushing against Alex's body. Pressing against his chest in a repetitive motion before forcing air into Alex's lungs. "One, two, three-" He froze as Alex's body began to wiggle. The skin began bubbling like boiling water across his whole body. The hair slowly falling away, Thomas looked away in horror as the old man that had saved his life began melting away. The sound of liquid began seeping into the ground, and Thomas didn't have the heart to look back. "I'm so sorry..." He mumbled to himself, distraught at the thought of killing his teacher.  When the sound of bubbling flesh finally subsided, Thomas looked back over and saw nothing but the clothing he had been wearing.