Chapter 30

Tobias POV:

I watch Christina limp to the car. When she gets in I turn to Tris. She's wearing a black dress I didn't notice before. Her hair is beautifully braided and put to the side. She wears flats, because the cruches wouldn't fit right with heels on. She has eye liner and a little bit of mascara. Her lips are bright red. Lipstick.

I stare at her for so long she starts to give me a confused look. I look into her eyes and say "you look beautiful". She smiles. "And you look handsome"

"Shall we?" I say putting my arm out. She loops her arm with mine and we walk back into the loud crowded dance floor.

We find a spot not so crowded and we start to dance. We're really bad. A song starts to play. At first I only hear piano, but I know what it is. I help Tris put her cruches down, and guide her arms around my neck to steady her. I place my hands on her hips. We start to dance again. Then Tris, my Tris, starts to sing! "All along it was a fever" she sings with a smile. Her voice is beautiful, definitely better than the amity.

"A cold, sweet, hot-headed believer." She sings. The next part she mumbles a little. "I forgot the words." She says looking embarrassed. "Your voice is beautiful, I don't care if you forgot the words" I say pulling her closer. The song says "if you dare come a little closer". "How'd you know it'd say that?" Tris asks. "You think your the only one who likes this song?" I say and laugh a little. It's so great to have her back.

I start to sing with her, even if I'm really bad, but I must not be because she looks stunned and says. "Your voice, it's... Beautiful!" "We should make a band!" I jokingly say. We continue to dance."Don't ever leave me again no matter what!" I say. "I won't" she says. "Promise!" I say smiling. "I promise." "Pinkie promise!" I try not to laugh. She holds out her pinkie and wraps it around mine. "Pinkie promise" she says lifting her face to mine. Our lips collide and I realize nothing could take us apart. We're inseparable. Not death, or other men, or friends, or fights. Nothing could break us apart.