Chapter 13

Tris POV:

The next day, I wake up to a strange smell. I hear a strange bubbling noise, and the sound of a machine. Tobias walks in. "Coffee?" He asks. I'm not sure what it is, but it's probably what's making the smell. "No thanks." I say.

Today were going to go to another place to get my memory back. All this stuff is making me tired. Not sleepy tired, but achy. My legs are sore from walking. My arms are sore from sometimes climbing-like the net. At least the net was worth it, because I actually remembered it. It's probably the only thing I remember.

We get to a tall building. We walk inside and-not to my surprise-is Christina, Uriah, and Zeke. Tobias shudders. He must have bad memories here. I wonder if mine are bad, too.

A metal door automatically opens with a ding. Inside is an extremely small room, maybe 5-6 feet by 6-7 feet. Only Uriah and Zeke get in, but I follow anyways.

After a few minutes we get to the 100th floor. The door opens and a gush of wind hits immediately. There's a huge hole In the ceiling, like near the net, but definatley not as big. Uriah sets up a ladder and Zeke climbs up. I climb next, Zeke holding the ladder at the top, and Uriah behind me. I remember climbing a ladder, but not here, somewhere else. The ladder was horizontal. And someone got hurt. I don't remember anything else. Ill ask about it later.

On one side of the roof is a wire, thick thick wire. There are strap things, about the size of around my waist.

Zeke puts a strap on the wire, and Uriah climbs into it, tightening it when he gets in. "3, 2, 1" Zeke says but lets go of Uriah before saying 1. Uriah zooms down the wire, his arms out like he's a bird. Christina climbs up the ladder behind me and stands next to me. "Remember anything?" She asks. "Yes, the ladder, but it wasn't here." I say. "I remember a horizontal ladder, and someone getting hurt." "Awe, yes our mission to save the information. We were trying to get into a building, so we went in the one next to it, and climbed from window to window on the ladder. But F-" she starts but I cut her off. "Yes I remember. With someone's dad, and the people in blue, and you and me!" I finally remember! Well, kind of. Hopefully I'll remember soon." "Tris" Zeke calls. I walk over. He puts another strap on the wire and he tells me to get in.

I get in the strap and he tightens it for me. "3, 2, 1" he lets me go on 2 but I still hear him say 1. I fly through the sky, above everything. I put my arms out. I feel like a bird. Below I see small figures cheer me on. "I remember, I remember."

When I get to the bottom, I unhook myself and fall into a net of arms. "I remember now! I do!" I say. I grab Uriah and push my lips to his.

I remember.